• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Amateur Cosmologists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange Krate

Reaction score
Not poking fun, just got that song stuck in my head now:D

Looks pretty cool. I find the quicker we all admit we're not as smart as we think we are, the better we will be able to understand that which we can't possibly comprehend. I try not to admit I have anything "all figured out" anymore, because it hurts to bad to find out you don't.

How old is the world? If time is irrelevant, so is the argument. I'm gonna have to check this out. Thanks for posting!

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
the quicker we all admit we're not as smart as we think we are, the better we will be able to understand that which we can't possibly comprehend.

Aw, he//- I came to that realization years ago. When I was a teenager, I knew it all. Sneaking up on 40, I realize there's so much I don't know about so many things. By the time I retire, I expect to be dumb as a post.

Jcotz

...wasn't there
Reaction score
I've seen all of them so far, they are really good! The last one is coming up.

Rustydog2010

NZ Nutta :|
Reaction score
I always find it fascinating, over 500 odd people have been into space. Yet only two people have been to the bottom of the ocean.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
I always find it fascinating, over 500 odd people have been into space. Yet only two people have been to the bottom of the ocean.

Probably because its much more difficult to build a structure to withstand thousands of PSI than it is to build one to go into a vacuum.

A majority of the space program, IMO, is a total waste of money. Send up satelites, keep them working, and thats it. What good does living in space do? What good has it done?

Velcro- Not NASA's idea- invented in 1948 by the Swiss electrical engineer George de Mestral.

Smoke detector- Not NASA's idea- invented in 1890 by Francis Robbins Upton.

Jcotz

...wasn't there
Reaction score
"Entanglement", or "Spooky action at a distance" is what fascinates me.

What really fascinates me is the thought of what is beyond. Beyond our galaxy, beyond everything. Just thinking about the sheer massiveness of our universe compared to us is just unimaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.