Adding battery for led light bar

dvassar

Reaction score
Anyone have a suggestion for a rechargeable battery that I can mount on my Mando Intimidator to run an led light bar? I'd like to replace the existing running lights with it, but I want it to be battery run.

RandomK

Reaction score
12v 14ah or bigger in my opinion. Also if you have amazon prime order your battery from Amazon. Wayyy cheaper than buying in stores

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Random means 14000 mah (milliamp/hours, or thousandths of an amp/hour), or 14 amps. I'm using a 12 vdc 9600 mah (9.6 amp/hours) rechargeable battery pack from Ebay because it was plenty of power for only $30 w/free shipping. China dealer, so it took 6 weeks to arrive, but that was planned for.
It's powering a pair of 36 watt (72 total) LED headlights, a pair of Harley bullet style LED tail/brake lights, and a 80 watt Blaupunkt stereo all at the same time, and does a great job of it. Problem is, it's not holding a charge, only works for a few minutes. It sat around for 8 months before installation, way too late to return it.
On/off switch is also a circuit breaker, which trips instantly if I try to run either of the Cuervo Gold and O.J. dispensers in the dash. Got a little 9 volt battery box with 2 tiny leads coming out of it, and it's what now powers my 12 vdc windshield washer pumps just fine. Too strong in fact. Those pumps could put out a house fire.