A go kart kids china quad

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Ive been obsessed with china quads because they are the bane of my existence i hated them enough to make an attempt of making one reliable. That being said i started with the biggest pile of cow manure. Straight from farm lands.20210527_110048.jpg
I repeat this thing is JUNK i rewelded the rear axle, TWICE and my skill with a harbor freight welder is lacking to say the least. Its had mower tires swapped to the rear because i wanted the ags for my mower. it has a yardmachines battery tray bolted to the steering column and brakes have been rebuilt and serviced and they still dont work. When i got it i immidately gutted it and threw the motor in my yard to rot and gave up on the 20$ pile. Then a couple days ago i did all this work and it got a used newer chinese 15$ carb a front facing intake a dirty air filter battery tray wiring, engine mount bolts, hardware galore, body work ( chopping the front of the body to bits), and handle bars from a scummy craigslist 90cc quad. still needs both master cyl front and back it has discs all around. Also i need a seat and a bunch more wiring to do because there isnt a charging system.
20210729_153351.jpg20210727_164019.jpg20210728_140732.jpg
20210728_170142.jpg1627745402636451591944.jpg
It still needs a bash bar the rear end welded more "body mods" headlights and one of the tires still goes flat and still no brakes because both master are shot

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Outstanding.

If/when you get stuff like this for cheap, it's worth it to me to throw a little time and cash at it if you can make it operable again.
Someone will buy it, especially if it works. Way way way too many flakes on Craigslist, etc asking outrageous prices for their non-running,
broken JUNK. Anyway that's what you get when the cost for placing an ad is nothing. :rolleyes: /end rant.

Great pics, any updates?

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
ive been working on it ill post pictures after school if i can remeber, i painted the body started making a storage rack on the back of it, my buddy welded the snot outta the swing arm and its rock solid. i added the factory bash bar that im going to "upgrade" tightened the choke arm down so it doesnt rattle so much. and last of all all of the engine mounts exept for half of one are broken, so its probably gonna get an engine swap, or possibly even a frame swap. ive got a quad thats similar but its a small tire 125cc with 7inch rims i will try to convert it to big tires and get the 125 running if not my 110 runs real smooth so i will swap it.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
That battery is a honker for sure and it's front and center... :poop: :)

Maybe you can finish off the bashed front fenders and surgically slice off what remains where they meet the body.
Or try plastic welding. Then again the plastic is pretty well knackered.