A few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyDamage

Reaction score
I am in need of some guidance. I decided to jump into the racing scene of go karts. I got a really good deal on a kart but admitting I am having my share of problems. I can start the engine (Briggs WF) on choke and rev it, and thats fine. However it wont idle or rev off choke. I don't know if I would need to adjust the fuel mix to run a little more lean or what I need to do. Also another question is how often do I need to change the oil on these engines? I am going to use Briggs 4T racing oil or Redline racing oil, haven't decided. The guy I bought it from said after every weekend out on the track, but that sounds a little obsesive, but then again this is an 18HP 10Krpm engine...

Also does anyone have any experience with the Micron 3 steering wheel? My kart has one, but I have no idea how to use it. Thanks for all the help!

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
I don't know if I would need to adjust the fuel mix to run a little more lean...
The fact that it only it will only run with choke applied means engine is already too lean.
Carb is probably plugged and is in need of cleaning and/or rebuild.
What model carb is on there now? Is it the original slide carb?

DirtyDamage

Reaction score
It is the origional carb. I can't find a rebuild kit available. May have to contact the local track and or Briggs customer support. I'm Giving this part number off sheer memory but I believe it's part number 5g11a63 for the carb.

DirtyDamage

Reaction score
Fixed it's self...didn't clean it and it started to run off choke. Now I just have to adjust the carb. Started the kart on the stand and it about shot accross the room....has a LOT of power....probably clean the carb anyways...

DirtyDamage

Reaction score
True. I am however running into a new problem. The fuel system consist of a pump with 3 hoses. One to the carb one to the tank and one to the intake to activate the fuel pump. My problem is there are massive bubbles in the fuel line. Read that the line might have small pinholes in that allow air in. So have to replace the fuel lines. They're old anyhow and it isn't hard. Might replace the gasket between the bowl and the rest of the carb as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.