A books cover....

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Never judge a book by its cover.... Remember that old saying?..... You know, well some of you do, that I've not been on here as much lately. We had a couple losses in the family. 2 of our dogs died, within a week of each other. One got sick, one got hit by a car. We spent over $3500 in doctor/surgery costs.... It took a big toll on my family, especially my kids. (me too.... :eek:) I've been spending a lot more time with my young ones, keeping them occupied.
Now, back to my reason for this post.....
Last year, we had a dude join that just rubbed every body wrong... Me included. We were ugly/mean for no good reason.... Well let me tell you.....
All the times I'm not on here, Cameron tries to get a hold of me. Just to see how I'm doing. The majority of my friends don't do that, and we've known each other for years..... I'm glad I didn't let my ignorance push Cam away. He is a good kid. Glad to know him. Glad to help him.
It's because of his actions, I reflect back at the others I may have brushed off. Boy, I probably missed out.... What a jerk.....
Birdfinatic, glad your on my friends list. Glad you stuck with me, and looked path my ignorance to see I'm a good guy too. :cheers2::cheers2:
I'll probably be friends with Cam for many years to come. That's why I joined here. More friends, that like doing the same type stuff as I....
I don't drink, but I raise my glass to ya today..... :cheers2: Buddy!

BirdFanatic

Reaction score
Never judge a book by its cover.... Remember that old saying?..... You know, well some of you do, that I've not been on here as much lately. We had a couple losses in the family. 2 of our dogs died, within a week of each other. One got sick, one got hit by a car. We spent over $3500 in doctor/surgery costs.... It took a big toll on my family, especially my kids. (me too.... :eek:) I've been spending a lot more time with my young ones, keeping them occupied.
Now, back to my reason for this post.....
Last year, we had a dude join that just rubbed every body wrong... Me included. We were ugly/mean for no good reason.... Well let me tell you.....
All the times I'm not on here, Cameron tries to get a hold of me. Just to see how I'm doing. The majority of my friends don't do that, and we've known each other for years..... I'm glad I didn't let my ignorance push Cam away. He is a good kid. Glad to know him. Glad to help him.
It's because of his actions, I reflect back at the others I may have brushed off. Boy, I probably missed out.... What a jerk.....
Birdfinatic, glad your on my friends list. Glad you stuck with me, and looked path my ignorance to see I'm a good guy too. :cheers2::cheers2:
I'll probably be friends with Cam for many years to come. That's why I joined here. More friends, that like doing the same type stuff as I....
I don't drink, but I raise my glass to ya today..... :cheers2: Buddy!

I just wanted to give you something .I know you like doing projects and working with your hands as much as i do if not more because im just a tad lazy lol but its nice to see people with other projects succeed in what they want to be doing same as my father said to me if you put your mind to it you to can succeed in anything .Now i might be a grump every once and a great while but who has not ever woken up on the wrong side of the bed now and then hmm . A toast To everyone :cheers2: (even though i do not drink)

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
:wai: awwwh, I could kiss you both! (LOL NOT REALLY!!!!)

:roflol:

Hey it's all about positivity, having fun, and helping each other come up with ridiculous ideas for what to build, right? Let's keep it up! Got a good group hanging around these parts.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dogs, That's ruff (sorry) especially for the kids.
"Mans best friend" as they say

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dogs Jim.....I knew the one had Parvo....but I didn't know the other had gotten run over.....

I was thinking about you....but just giving you the privacy and space to let you deal with a tough time......

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Doug, I know you kept your distance, and for what reasons.... :thumbsup: I know who my friends are.... I think sometimes I (we) should remind ourselves of who our real friends are, from time to time. Helps keep life in perspective. A its a good reality check.... I can think of at least 6 peeps on here who would definitely have called me, but most likely think like you, and just gave me space to roam.... Thanks, I needed it....:thumbsup:
But, time rolls on, life keeps living, and my projects keep screaming "WHEN AM I GONNA BE DONE!?" :censored: Ok, I'm headed back into the garage..... Got to finish the '32 and the h3 so I can park them on the other half of the garage. Going to reorganize my work area for the next big project.... It's size will demand a large fabrication area.... So at least 6 karts and all the dirt bikes need to go back into storage. :cornut:

Kart Simpson

Reaction score
Nice post Jim. Really sorry to hear about your losses. Things like that suck but I was also glad to read that you spent extra time with your children. There is no better feeling in the world than being a daddy and when they need some extra attention to deal with things like that, take all the time you need and give it to them. I don't know you much but I realize this forum is all about go karts and things but I have noticed a group of you are also friends weather you met in person or just from chatting on these forums and that is priceless........ I DO drink beer, so I am gonna raise one for you...... :cheers2: and I will also drink everyone elses that don't drink.................. :thumbsup: Good luck with things Jim.

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
:funnypost: the last 2 lines made me spit out my sweet tea, in laughter..... :thumbsup::cheers2:
The longer you are on here, the more you realize that you like some of these guys better than the dudes you hang out with....:oops::lolgoku:

midwesthunter

Reaction score
Jim, real sorry to hear about your losses. I haven't been on here long or talked to you outside of the forum. But its funny how you can feel a relationship of sorts just by typing back and forth. I appreciate the help you have provided me and see how much you contribute to the others on here. So, here's to you!! :cheers2:

BirdFanatic

Reaction score
Jim, real sorry to hear about your losses. I haven't been on here long or talked to you outside of the forum. But its funny how you can feel a relationship of sorts just by typing back and forth. I appreciate the help you have provided me and see how much you contribute to the others on here. So, here's to you!! :cheers2:

Here to jim :cheers2: Hip Hip

Status
Not open for further replies.