90 amp harbor freight welder

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayre315

Rupp enduro
Reaction score
i got a 90 amp flux wire welder from HF and i've been doin alota welding and its great for a begining welder
its fun and it gets the job done
its nothin specail but it works
also i got a auto dark mask and it works great too

i was just wandering if anybody had some sujestions for me and welding
i mean, i already leaned that slag doesnt realy hurt til about 30-50 min later when it itches realy bad
and i also remembered that i can get sunbearnt

fluxcored

Reaction score
i already leaned that slag doesnt realy hurt til about 30-50 min later when it itches realy bad

Sayre, you got slagged?? - how on earth did you manage that?

The secret to welding is to weld.

It's also common sense and basic physics. Think of a weld pool as a river - it exhibits similar flow and respond exactly the same to gravitational pull and other interference as other liquid bodies. The way your metal expands or contracts also very simple principles and helps you to counter or repair warpage.

Learn the difference between a good weld and a bad weld.

Play around and weld as much as you can and enjoy each and every weld you make. I weld not as a proffesional but because I purely and simply enjoy it.

sayre315

Rupp enduro
Reaction score
i know what a good and bad weld is because my unlce lives right by me
i mean like right across the street
and he started welding at about 13 like me
so i have help
and i have been doin alot of welding on scrap, im not even gonna touch my chopper until i get better

oh and i dont know what it was, i was probebly the little metal drops that fly off

fluxcored

Reaction score
i know what a good and bad weld

There you go then.

Watch the pool carefully - that'll tell you a lot. Do'nt go too fast and do'nt be scared of blowing holes. I practiced blowing holes one time and just watched the pool to see what it does before it blows trhu.

Look for discoloration of the base metal beside your bead - HAZ. It also tells you if you have got a good solid weld.

Compensate at start and finish of bead - start is always cold, end is always very hot.

On your chopper, do'nt grind the beads flush - leave it as is, it's stronger that way.

Do you try a bend test on your scrap to see whether your welds are strong enough?? If it consistently passes then you're good enough.

sayre315

Rupp enduro
Reaction score
thanks fluxcored
well i turned my wire speed waaaay up and it help a crap load
i have some great looking welds (compared to the other ones)
i made an exost pipe for my 2hp flattie and its pretty awsome

Status
Not open for further replies.