80's Clark

Scarabdrew

Reaction score
Can you show me what the control rods look like and how the cables connect to the rods? Looks amazing!

jtonythejett007

Reaction score
Love it! could you identify the wheels & tires please? sizes? and also where you bought the steering wheel?

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Great old Clark kart. I love those.

Excuse me, but am I viewing an optical illusion or is the frame really bent like a banana? 😬

Love it! could you identify the wheels & tires please? sizes? and also where you bought the steering wheel?

Wheels appear to be original to the kart, and even the left rear is correct but unmatching. The left rear is commonly called a Manco rim. None of these are made anymore so you're out of luck unless you find used.

FA595393-512F-4859-9656-9C6D94E3138C_1_201_a.jpeg

I'd suggest Azusa Tri-Star wheels for that vintage feel as they are still being manufactured.

My educated guess as to rim and tire size is either 4.10/3.50-5 on 5 inch rims or 4.10/3.50-6 on 6 inch rims. The tires look like Cheng Shin or Kenda brand. I think they're 6 inch personally but you could mix and match, like have fives on the front and sixes on the rear, etc etc

Denny is correct on the steering wheel, a very common "generic" 3-spoke wheel: https://www.bmikarts.com/Steering-Wheel-10-or-12_p_1435.html

jebubb

Reaction score
Wheels are all original Clark, yes there is a difference on that one, but it has the Clark cast markings on the inside of it. Yes the frame does have a bow to it, its bent behind the driver's seat. Someone had very poorly welded a roll bar to it and the frame bent at the roll bar. They then reinforced the frame at that spot making it almost impossible to get the bend out. Tires are Cheng Shin.
Scarabdrew, I'll see if I can get some pictures of the brake and throttle linkages for you.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Can you show us the "Clark cast markings" on that one wheel? I'd like to see more than one photo too for all the details. Just trying to learn as much as I can.

Yes the frame does have a bow to it, its bent behind the driver's seat.

You really should have fixed that first because it makes me sad. Some big hydraulic tools maybe, a heavy immovable object and heating the areas you want to bend til they're red hot and then applying force in the opposite direction of the bend should fix it right up. I bet an automobile collision shop could do the same thing.