8" rim on carter kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRIDE

New member
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Hey all, Just bought a carter kart for my sons birthday. The front rims are rusted thru thought when I bought it it wasn't a big deal, well i am looking for 8" rims with the 2" center 4 bolt pattern 3 1/8. I seen were people said they have gotten another rim and drilled the carter pattern, but only rims I found the center hole was to big so I couldn't go that way

Any help will be appreciated

PRIDE
 

redsox985

Active member
Messages
4,092
Reaction score
12
Location
PA
Do the front rims ride on bearings? There may be a lot of possible options and that EXACT rim may not be needed. Can you post a photo or two of the front wheel?
 

PRIDE

New member
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
sorry, no the rims have an 2" center hole. I can take a picture of them and will post

Thank you

PRIDE
 

PRIDE

New member
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Here is the front and back of the rims

PRIDE
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3582.jpg
    IMG_3582.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3583.jpg
    IMG_3583.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 3

redsox985

Active member
Messages
4,092
Reaction score
12
Location
PA
Ok, so you have hubs on the spindles. Measure the distance from the center of one bolt across the middle to the center of another bolt. So, measure diagonally. It could be a standard 4x4 (4 bolts on 4" circle) hub.
 

PRIDE

New member
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
wish it was that simple, it measures 3 1/8 from center of each bolt hole on rim

I went to northern tools this morning they had 4x4 6" rim, was going to get them and new tires so i had it ready for his birthday but after getting with the guy that worked there my bolt pattern was smaller,

1st option was to take the rim they had turn it from the hole pattern and drilling new holes out new tires and i would have to buy tubes(split rim). $130 value

2nd option was for me to buy their spindle(4x4) and buy all the other in my 1st option but no drilling involved $230 value

3rd option which I would rather do is find these rims and do none of the above and just put these tires on them

So this is where I am. don't know

PRIDE
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top