750cc 80hp+ shifter go kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin

Reaction score
750cc 80hp+ shifter go kart (now with lots of pictures)

I was going to put my gokart engine in a ofroad cart but I think it would work better in a track frame
I have taken som pics of the lump sat behind my 125 shifter to get an idear of the size I would like front and rear breaks and I have a buget of about 200 quid and it has to hit 100 mph+

anderkart

Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty good plan. I'd try to find a used 125cc. shifter race kart for sale without an engine. They already have front brakes, oversized rear axles and usualy the strongest frame that company makes.

Have you already seen all the youtube videos of karts like these? Every time I watch-em, I always get the feeling these guys end up just taking them out a few times, burning the rear tires off and then leave them sitting around. When they're that heavy and powerful they seem to only do one thing well, just going really fast in a straight line. They seem to be great for drag racing but they dont turn and handle very well for regular road racing anymore.

robin

Reaction score
Thats mostleay what I
Want it fore do you think I would getaway with just a rear break or end up in hospital

Smurph

Code Poet
Reaction score
Thats mostleay what I
Want it fore do you think I would getaway with just a rear break or end up in hospital

I know that in a car, the front brakes typically do 60% of the stopping, and the rear typically does about 40%. If you get to 100mph (assuming it leaves rubber on the tires if it grabs traction and stops spinning), you'll want to have those front brakes. And you should really go for some good ones, too.

If you could find a 250cc engine... You should go for that. It will take you 100+ (if you keep your combined weight near 200lbs/14.3stone without you on it) and you will probably have more fun on it. I'm not trying to discourage you, though.

You're gonna go through 200quid in tires alone on this thing, really fast, too.

But it sounds awesome. Take pics!

robin

Reaction score
Got me a frame I baught it back of my m8 I sold it to
Its got a 25mm axel any one no wear I can get a 520 sproket to fit

robin

Reaction score
My bike engine is shaft driven
Ive gon and welded a 428 sproket on now
Al I have to do is fab up a frame clean up the break fit the engine etc

robin

Reaction score

i have got to remake the rear of the fream and re weld the front my my frend made it higherup and fix his bird**** welding

just worked out the fastes speed its 113 mph with 11inch rear tires and at 9000rpm at 1100rpm its as 138mph i think i might need alot of toilet roll when its finished :worried2:

kazkepox

Pro- one idea to the next
Reaction score
that thing looks like its gonna break the sound barrier :roflol:

dang, if you didn't live in the UK i would get your other frame in the background

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
How do you know if that output shaft spins the same RPM as a normal chain drive/ or crank?

Raywelder

Not an Adm¡nistrator
Reaction score
You might be able to take off the rightangle box and adapt to the shaft there somehow, so you dont have the engine sideways.

robin

Reaction score
I want it side ways then I dont have an exhaust behind my head in f0r the speed I worked out the ratgos in the engine

robin

Reaction score
Got some steel today started fiber glasin the seat im gona try ang git a vacume gauge and rev and oil pressue and temp
want to balance the carbs but I need a tool to block the yics sistem

robin

Reaction score
Got some steel today started fiber glasin the seat im gona try ang git a vacume gauge and rev and oil pressue and temp want to balance the carbs but I need a tool to block the yics sistem

robin

Reaction score
Engine is in frame has quite a bit of flex in it stil tho wi a car petrol pump work with my carbs and would some one no wear to get a wireing diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.