750 triple L/C sled engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Messages
1,104
Reaction score
13
Location
The Nation's Catbox...er, AZ.
Anyways, i'm going to part it out i've started to strip parts off. Any tips on getting the flywheel off? I made a makeshift puller out of some 1/4" flatstock and it will not pop off, i bent the stock but the flywheel just wont pop off...

Heh-heh... if you follow this forum at ALL, you know I have nothing to bring to the table as far as removing snomo flywheels! My Lowrider v2.0 project is at a grinding halt because of a f%$&ing flywheel that is stuck. Good luck with yours. Maybe you can wheel and deal with someone that has an old fan-cooled motor/parts, which would be better for your projects...? Most sled owners would rather have your tripple; thinking their old fan-cooled twins are junk. Take advantage of it!
 

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Messages
4,636
Reaction score
4
Location
vermont
My triple is in pretty tuff shape...I mean i think it would run if i put it all back together but the bearings would go pretty fast and i'm sure it would catch fire quite a few more times. I think parting it out is my best bet, if i can make even just 200 off the parts (which im sure i can) i can buy a 440 jag or something. I have a 440 fan, but its got a hole in the piston and has been sitting outside for 10 years, i think if i use a sled engine i want it to be running when i get it, or not have anything major wrong with it.
 

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Messages
1,104
Reaction score
13
Location
The Nation's Catbox...er, AZ.
Good plan. My motors (Sachs SA2-290 twin, SkiDoo 302 single, and Polaris 295 twin) all came from Ebay- locally I'm sure you can get much better deals (probably the whole sled ) -here in AZ sleds are scarce.
BUT!... Ed got his RUNNING Polaris 440 F/C and chaincase for I believe $100. I wanted to smack him when I saw it. He bought it off of Craig's List when I jokingly said a snowmobile engine would make a great replacement for his blown 150cc kart motor.
That's what got this whole Snowmo Motor Addiction Thing started.
(See "Ed's Black Terror of Death", "R.I.P", and "Lowrider V2.0")
 

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Messages
4,636
Reaction score
4
Location
vermont
Yea, i see nice running sleds around here for under 500, and there are tons of jags and indys here for really cheap plus sleds have tons of other parts good for karts, the brakes are awsome, good shocks, and tons of other stuff you would never guess you would use. Yea, i guess AZ is a pretty bad place to find a sled, here in vermont, if you dont own atleast 1 your weird.

I tried getting that flywheel off again, broke one of the bolts and still no luck...tried using a torch...again no luck...its getting pretty annoying. On the other hand i'm buying an 82' rm125 that lost its spark for $170 delivered to my door tonight...being an impulse buyer is great haha, but im getting way too many projects now.

I have seen your threads, i like the lowrider, and ed's black terror of death is just going to be plain awsome.
 

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Messages
4,636
Reaction score
4
Location
vermont
Well i finally stripped the engine ( still cant get that ****ed flywheel off). Turns out the only reason the engine went was because one of the oil injector hoses was melted...thats why premix is the way to go. The bearing in the bad cylinder is ripped apart, shards of metal all over.
 

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Messages
4,636
Reaction score
4
Location
vermont
Pisses you off dont it? I got it to the point where it was bending my flywheel puller, nearly half inch steel. Tried heat, tried hammer and block of wood, pretty crazy, i just want to get the **** stator out and sell it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top