650cc Blown Kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theos Speed Shop

Top Fuel
Reaction score
I needed some experiance welding and wanted another project. I aquired a 1983 Honda Nighthawk from a buddy for free and a typical 5hp go cart chassis from Craigslist, I have about $1500. into this and it is a blast to drive!

Here are some pics from the build:

Attachments

• MVC-175F.jpg
    MVC-175F.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 37
  • MVC-180F.jpg
    MVC-180F.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 38
  • MVC-186F-1.jpg
    MVC-186F-1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 29
  • MVC-196F.jpg
    MVC-196F.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 35
  • MVC-238F.jpg
    MVC-238F.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 33

Theos Speed Shop

Top Fuel
Reaction score
More pics

Here are some more:

Attachments

• P4240672 (3).jpg
    P4240672 (3).jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 44
  • P3060607.jpg
    P3060607.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 42
  • P3060604.jpg
    P3060604.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 37
  • MVC-323F-1.jpg
    MVC-323F-1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 15
  • MVC-322F.jpg
    MVC-322F.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 17

fowler

Reaction score
great coooling for the engine in all that body work :worried2:

is what is that belt driving in the 3rd pic is it super charged?
also why is the motor mounted backwards how did u get it to reverse direction

if these are stupid questions i appologize

looks good otherwize

Theos Speed Shop

Top Fuel
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive words guys. The gearing is so low that that it doesn't spin the tires or do wheelies on clean dry pavement. If I was to take off in second or third gear it might. It sets you in the seat like a rocket. No point in changing the gearing I still haven't been past fourth gear and it is a six speed and it is nice as soon as I let of the gas it slws down quick.

Not sure on people sayng the fun factor at zero? I have driven some pretty sick full size cars and this puts them to shame, it is INTENSE to drive. This thing sticks to the ground like an indy car! The rear tires are Jr. Dragster.

Yes the belt drives the supercharger, motor is mounted backwards so the thing isn't 10 foot long. Cooling hasn't been an issue either, finding a place to drive it has....

Here is some video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIDHS3uT8g8

and a pic of the full size toy in the backround:

Attachments

• Hand out Front.jpg
    Hand out Front.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 18

Theos Speed Shop

Top Fuel
Reaction score
Video is deceivinig cause the wife is zooming in and out. Your right, not 75 probabley about 55mph, not bad for fourth gear.

You are the only person who has ever asked me how I reversed the engine, the diff is in upside down running backwards. :)

VROOOOMMMM

anderkart

Reaction score
Wow, that's an amazing build! Looks like It'd be cool for 1/8th mile bracket racing if you could get it to pass tech inspection.

I was kinda wondering what kind of diff you used? I remember Smoky Younek (spelling) instaled a diff upside down in one of his stockcars that had a reverce-rotation engine. Cool idea for your kart man.

Theos Speed Shop

Top Fuel
Reaction score
The donor bike I used was shaft drive which is were the diff came from, I used all drive parts but had to use a jack shaft type deal to connect it all.

The big car car is a 392 Hemi, bored and stroked to 472 C.I. with a gigundious superchager. The cart is much cheaper to run.... :)

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
The big car car is a 392 Hemi, bored and stroked to 472 C.I. with a gigundious superchager. The cart is much cheaper to run.... :)

NICE! My dad has 4 or 5 Hemi's to play around with... Were putting a 247 ci(Red Ram Hemi) Hemi in a 55 Dodge pickup, Hes not going all out on the motor, just beffin it up a small bit.

Have you worked on any other Hemi powered goodies?

Witch one is more fun to drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.