6.5hp clone gearbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imbo

Young Mechanical Genius
Reaction score
Hey guys...im looking for a gearbox that i can mount to a honda clone. I wanna turn my kart into a shifter and im really looking for a gearbox.

if you have any sort of link.....that would be great

Thanks bros

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
It would be much easier and probably cheaper to make mounts for a bike engine and put one of those in. Not to mention it would be 1,000,000,000x better

Imbo

Young Mechanical Genius
Reaction score
well i would love to but the bike engine is not an option because i am short on the $$$ i have everything already but i just need a gearbox to do me some good for now

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Wouldnt buying a good gearbox be about the same fore a running bike engine? But, what do I know... :p

Guess Im curious about a gear box too... sorry I aint much help to your question...

porsche930dude

Reaction score
for one there is no gear box that bolts up to an industial engine like a clone thats meant for gokarts and such. if there is anything that can be fitted it likely costs more than your entire kart. Your best option is a torque converter if your running a standard centifical clutch now

DustinWolfe

Reaction score
im not trying to flame you but it seems like the only thing modelengineer ever posts is get a dirtbike engine like thats the solution for every problem. although it is on topic here.lol

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
im not trying to flame you but it seems like the only thing modelengineer ever posts is get a dirtbike engine like thats the solution for every problem. although it is on topic here.lol

I'm not trying to flame you but he's right. Have you got a better solution for horsepower, torque, and multiple gears?

As soon as anyone wants to go beyond the standard industrial engine and CVT combo, you're into bike/quad/sled stuff.

Imbo

Young Mechanical Genius
Reaction score
Aight thx guys. Wats a recommend cvt. Comets kinda outta the question cause i cant find one for #35 chain. So gtc maybe?

sideways

Unfinished projects king.
Reaction score
Vintage motorbikes usually had external gearboxes, sometimes they can be picked up cheaply, some even have clutches built into them. That's your only choice really.

You could build your own out of an old motorbike engine but you may as well just use the motorbike engine.

Thanks

Hayden

redsox985

Reaction score

As said, this is the best solution to better performance and can often be better and cheaper than a large industrial engine and TC. It delivers better performance at a better price, not to mention quality. I would also suggest some type moto engine because it could cost less than a TC.

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
Lol, I do suggest it a lot. I can stop if you want, but what about all those people who buy clone engines without realising someone is selling an old 250 within 10km's of them for $50 on craigslist? Imagine how much better their kart would be with the bike engine.

redsox985

Reaction score
I agree too. And anytime someone wants better performance from an industrial style motor, I say "bike style engine" because they are often cheaper than serious mods to a clone, etc. They will do circles around a modded clone and are much better quality. I see nothing wrong with suggesting it. I, too, do it often.

Imbo

Young Mechanical Genius
Reaction score
well i live on long island in new york so all bikes weather used or new are pretty **** expensive. people only have harleys and bmws out here

Status
Not open for further replies.