6.5 Hp Hf Clones On Sale $119!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmmatthews

Reaction score
Just checked the mail and my trusty HF add showed up with a coupon for the 6.5 HP horizontal shaft motor for $119........Time to start checking the mail guys...:cheers2:

Grimes

Reaction score
Are Greyhound motors good?

Sorry, kinda new to this whole thing. My summer project is to build a go kart with a couple buddies.

TerryOlson

Reaction score
They have that motor on sale at that price on the website too. I haven't checked ebay yet, but I did look at NH Northern's site and they don't have anything even close. I'm off to look at and probably buy a rolling chassis in an hour so I'll be in need of a motor soon - probably order one when I get home if all goes well.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Are Greyhound motors good?

Sorry, kinda new to this whole thing. My summer project is to build a go kart with a couple buddies.

They're the same motors that they were selling before, except now I think that they're CARB legal. "Greyhound" is still one of those HF house brands. One thing I noticed though is that the price went up about $20. Before, when they had them on sale with the coupon, they'd go for $99.

ZnsaneRyder

Crazy Guy on a Bicycle
Reaction score
I hate clones...2 stroke American made is the best.:thumbsup:

American made doesn't make it better.

What matters is the quality of the product itself. Good products are made in America, and other places.

BTW, Clones are 4-stroke.

I don't really care where it's made, as long it is a good product.

Made in America used to mean something, but now most of the American manufacturing jobs are going overseas, so either way, it doesn't matter anymore.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
And most "American made products" are assembled in China and IMO assembly is the most crucial part to any engine so if some cheaply paid worker in China makes a mistake in assembly then that makes it no better.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
He means the engines back in the day. you know the time where american flags were made in AMERICA. those old engines that were assembled here that lasted forever cause we had stricter quality control.

pmat

noob
Reaction score
If it says anything about amercan quality, my mom spent more money repairing her chevy in the first month she had it than my dad spend on his Isuzu in 14 years

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
Well its because thats a chevy every one knows they rust out so bad and are a bolt size nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.