50 mph

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandam88

Reaction score
i don't belive the claculator for speed is right cuz i ran my ratio thru it not to long ago and it daid my max speed was like 30 mph, i have a 60 t sprocket and a 12 t clutch, im running a jack shaft also with a 12 t on the motor and the 11 on the shAFT therfore making my rpms go up from 3900 to about 4125 sumthin like that, anyway i clocked my miles an hour today and i went 50mph. i have an 300 sumthin cc 11 hp honda four stroke motor. this kart is also capable pf donuts and stuff anyway. givce me yur input thanks

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
well, a jackshaft does change the ratio. I'll see if i can't get a jackshaft calculator working, too.

kart62

Reaction score
top speed

Remember that your top speed can change due to over all wheel diamater as well as gearing. You probably are going to have a hard time getting 50 mph with a drive gear of 12 tooth. Most people use these for arena racing where they are trying to keep there RPM's up where they are getting consistant power. If you want a higher top speed try a 15 tooth driver with the 60 maybe 58/59 tooth wheel gear. you will find that your kart wont take off as fast but the top speed will be achived. If your wheels are less than say, 11 inches tall you may still have problems. A word of caution, 50 MPH is moving! watch out for everything that can get in your way and wear a helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.