5 Hp Tecumseh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibby

New member
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern Ohio
I have a tecumseh 5 hp motor. Does not run. Are they Worth rebuilding for a go kart?
P.S. I dont know what the hell im doing!! Want to learn!!
 

solomon

Active member
Messages
1,648
Reaction score
8
Location
ca
Probably just needs a good cleaning, check out youtube. Tecumseh usually have carb issues
 

kartgofast

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
yes its worth it. I have actually have a 5hp tecumseh engine on mine. carb issues are usually minor, just some gunk build up. As long as your not apposed to taking things apart... Also check out the lil 5hp guide, tips to give u more power.

AND welcome to the forums:auto:
 

KieranM

Doin It!!
Messages
1,409
Reaction score
3
Location
Kilkenny, Ireland
first of all check for spark. Remove the plug and hold it against the block..ect with the lead connected and pull the pull start. watch for spark. A good spark is blue in colour.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top