420cc flywheel ungoverned

OPmini

moo
Reaction score
Hello, I am considering removing the governer on my predator 420cc engine I would upgrade the valve springs and connecting rod but do I really need a billet flywheel? has anyone here ever had a stock flywheel burst? I see lots of people say you need it for safety but no concrete evidence that it is so.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
It is generally accepted that when you replace all those other parts that you also get a billet flywheel. There have been one or two that have been posted here that exploded and created some unexpected air vents in the block, so it is just best to replace with billet. If you are spending money doing the engine up, why leave out an important piece?

OPmini

moo
Reaction score
It is generally accepted that when you replace all those other parts that you also get a billet flywheel. There have been one or two that have been posted here that exploded and created some unexpected air vents in the block, so it is just best to replace with billet. If you are spending money doing the engine up, why leave out an important piece?
thanks

I don't want any air vents so I guess I am going billet

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
Unless you want the charging system put a billet flywheel on it.

I personally have built a few 420’s and have not had any problems. But others have.