4 boys, 4 tires,old frame, new 5hp B&S

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansonalma

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
North Logan Utah
Hi,
I have 4 boys, one girl. My girl is heading off to college. The 4 boys, however, are looking to me to lead them in making something out of this old ty-rod iv. we have a new briggs 5.5hp 3/4" horzntl shaft engine(lawnmower version, NOT the engine designed 4 go-karts). Our plan is to get it to where we can drive it around in the grass next to our house and maybe on some dirt roads up the canyon. Big questions are: ---centrifugal clutch or TC?
---Engine mounting options?(seems that the old engine mounting plate has broken off). i do have flux-core welder.
---throttle/cable assembly?(how to go from lawn mower throttle lever to cable actuated w return springs, etc.
--I was also wondering where babies come from?
anson
 

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Messages
5,992
Reaction score
2,995
Location
Atlanta, GA
IIRC those Ty-rod karts are pretty compact. It would help us help you if you could post a pic or 2 of what you are looking at.

Storks bring baby's, that I know for sure.
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
93
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
We need some pictures. Welcome.
Throttle cable is usually simple.
Loosen nut holding it so it springs back to idle.
Add a heavier return spring and attach throttle cable. Both can be attached to stock linkage.
Keep these on hand
http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10036
http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1180
and
http://www.diygokarts.com/kart-plans/kart-plans-main.html

Thanks for filling in a location most new guys dont.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

I only have 3 kids to your 5.
So you tell us where they come from:surrender:
 

ansonalma

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
North Logan Utah
Wow! How AWESOME is THAT!!!!! u guys are fast and EFFICIENT! What a bunch of great links to information that i need badly. THANK YOU X 3! I still have a flip phone so pics are a pain but I promise some good ones of me and the boys catching wicked air on the ty-rod iv once we get 'er souped up good. Thank you again for your kindness in responding.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top