3d printed Predator filter adapter

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Part of being at school for engineering is free prints. Remembered seeing something about a 3d printed adapter so I figured I'd try it. (Budget)

20211028_120833.jpg20211028_120849.jpg

PLA with 100% infill, I'm aware of the strength concerns and am trying because free prints.

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Here's the one I used.

Won't be able to try it out until the week of Thanksgiving.

jmaack

Reaction score
Very nice. I remember making parts with a powder rapid prototype machine many years ago when they were in the 100k$ range.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Very cool that you can make the venturi any way you want. So why'd you make it so small? Might as well just have a round hole punched straight thru to the carb like so many cheap ones out there.
Should flow out to the edges of the adapter, and accelerate the airflow as it travels in smaller and smaller to the carb. Take a look at the picture of this random one from Amazon.............
Amazon.com: 212cc 6.5 Hp Predator Air Filter with Gasket Adapter Intake Kit for 6.5HP Honda Clone GX160 GX200 Go Kart Mini Bike : Automotive

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
I think it is a very good design. Should do a good job straightening out the air flow to the carb inlet. Just because something has a big opening does not mean it will increase airflow. An opening of a certain size is only going to flow so much before the air starts to stack up and actually cuts down air flow.

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Very cool that you can make the venturi any way you want. So why'd you make it so small? Might as well just have a round hole punched straight thru to the carb like so many cheap ones out there.
Should flow out to the edges of the adapter, and accelerate the airflow as it travels in smaller and smaller to the carb. Take a look at the picture of this random one from Amazon.............
Amazon.com: 212cc 6.5 Hp Predator Air Filter with Gasket Adapter Intake Kit for 6.5HP Honda Clone GX160 GX200 Go Kart Mini Bike : Automotive
I just grabbed the one I could find on Thingiverse, as in why it's linked. Testing to see how it does, currently the point is to test if the print itself will hold up, can worry about stuff like that later. Free printing after all.