301cc predator motor not idling

Rye0009

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I am new to go kart builds. I got this go kart for a good price with and unused predator 301cc engine attached. I started up the engine for the first time and it roars. It seems when put from turtle to rabbit it just wants to idle really high. Now I noticed when I push the idler back towards the black idle screw it calms down. The issue is the idle won't stay towards the black screw. I understand the basic mechanics of how it works but that isn't helping. The black idle screw is backed out so it's not even touching the black piece the metal rod with spring are attached to on the idler. I'm confused on how to adjust this thing. These predator motors seem to have overly complicated throttle set ups. Any help would be appreciated. Ty
 

BigWes

Member
Messages
829
Reaction score
32
Location
Alabama
Does the engine have a throttle cable attached? If so the cable may not have enough slack to allow the mechanism to idle down. Also may need to loosen the friction nut on the throttle linkage and make sure you have a good strong return spring attached.
 
Last edited:

Rye0009

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
No throttle cable hooked up yet. I will post some pictures. I appreciate the help. Ty
 
Top