$300 vintage find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason quinn

Reaction score
I just picked this all original 1961 simplex challenger mark 10. It's in perfect condition. I brought it home and had it started in just a few minutes.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 34

Jason quinn

Reaction score
I took a wrong turn and ended up here about 20 years ago. Guess I'll just stay.
The kart has dual west bend power bee 580 engines. I'm planning on riding it for the first time today. I think I might sell this though. I'd like to be able to ride without worrying about breaking something irreplaceable.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
a mirrored pair of matching westbends...
and it comes with a nice kart underneath as well..
all for 300 bucks
you lucky b****** :D

give it a good clean (do not retouch paint) and sell it
(or rather keep it.. it's georgeous!)

'sid

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
I feel a strong sense of Deja Vu...

What's your game, man? Are you just trying to find interested buyers?
You're not a long time member here or there...

Jason quinn

Reaction score
A May 16th join date hardly makes you a old timer. I found a great kart on craigslist and I shared it in a thread for...wait for it.......karts people found on craigslist. Go figure.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Joe.....I contacted the seller ready to practice my cl skills too, he told me the price and I never even got a chance to bargain.

Hellion

Reaction score
This is not about me or my join date. I have a long and vested interest in small engine-powered runabouts. You just aroused my suspicion. Consider it an honor. :D

If you wanted to join some forums just to gloat about a purchase you made, well then here's your trophy.

Jason quinn

Reaction score
Oddly enough I failed to read the section where it told me to submit my posts to you for approval.
I posted my kart some people like it, you obviously felt slighted in some way by playful bantering that wasn't directed at you.
Do you have anything to add about simplex challengers or are you done?

Hellion

Reaction score
I like Simplex Challengers.
Leave it as is or sell it to someone who can appreciate its patina.

Have you any other karts or is this your first one?

I'm not the arbiter of approval around here. But you didn't make an intro post or a HELP! like most newcomers but you went straight to the show and tell.

All the world's a stage, isn't it? :D

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
Oddly enough I failed to read the section where it told me to submit my posts to you for approval.

Actually there are a few self appointed, or otherwise, members here who are some of the best spotters of members, their ambitions or their Karts.
Hellion here ranks highly among them, and almost always has the members best interest at heart.

Then again, if you walk through the door, slam it, and yell, TA-DA!!! You're most apt to garner a good deal of attention from just about anybody. :D

Jason quinn

Reaction score
I appreciate the angle you're coming from in wanting to root out trolls and spammers, that kind of thing.
I don't do the introduction thing. I figure if someone starts talking to me that'll come out on its own.
I've been fabricating, repairing and restoring old crap of one type or another for a few decades now. I've got a complete shop for machining, fabricating, smithing and wasting lots of time over a cold beer in.
I'm currently working on an early 60s kart of unknown origin. Most karts share about 90% of the same features in almost the same designs, it's tracking down the different 10% that's making this one hard.
I've owned a few dozen karts over the years from dart karts to home builts.
This simplex is by far the most original and cared for vintage I've ever had, thus the comment about selling it before I break something.
I'm also mid way through a complete restoration of a 1971 Kawasaki f8 and just reassembled an 84 xr500 that needed some love.
Oh yeah, I also just pick d up a doodlebug I'm trying to figure out how to stuff a yz125 motor in.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Bbqjoe.......this simplex definitely warranted a TA-DA . Imho

Hellion

Reaction score
I've been fabricating, repairing and restoring old crap of one type or another for a few decades now....
...I'm currently working on an early 60s kart of unknown origin...

...I've owned a few dozen karts over the years from dart karts to home builts.

...I'm also mid way through a complete restoration of a 1971 Kawasaki f8 and just reassembled an 84 xr500 that needed some love.

Well it certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings if you shared (or gloated) over the rest of your collection and what you have going on. ;)

You'd get some lively banter and lots of 'atta boys' from the group here, no doubt.

Ahh well. :yawn:

Status
Not open for further replies.