3 wheeled thingy-ma-thing..... Thing... Yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.

sideways

Unfinished projects king.
Reaction score
Soooooooo, I picked this thing up for $35, of course, it will end up with an engine on it. :D

It's actually pretty good quality, the front wheels are metal with nice tyres, has proper rod ends in the steering, stuff like that. Very nice :cool: Oh, apart from the plastic back wheel, that is ****.

What do you think, keep it a 3 wheeler or make it a 4 wheeler? It'l probably be Victa powered, if not, a Briggs mower engine.

Anyway, pictures, sorry for them being a bit blurry, my camera wouldn't focus properly in the dark. :toetap05:

Completely off topic from here but hay. :D

Finally got a MIG welder!!!! :wai::bannana::wai::bannana: Cost $500 from Repco. No more ****ty cheap heap of crap ARC welder!

Picked this up for $50, it's a 250cc twin cylinder engine out of a Chinese quad, no wiring loom or carbs but hay, can't complain for $50! I think it's a copy of a Honda Custom (CD250U), haven't done any research on it yet so yeah. No it's not going on the 3 wheeled thingy, that would be suicide! I think I'l save it for when I build my quad bike. :D Would make a good buggy engine though, even has reverse and electric start!! :wai:

Thanks

Hayden

Attachments

• SAM_1360.jpg
    SAM_1360.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 266
  • SAM_1361.jpg
    SAM_1361.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 261
  • SAM_1362.jpg
    SAM_1362.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 261

sideways

Reaction score
true maybe a bit exesive

put a wipper spipper motor that would be about right
it looks alot smaller than it must be

Lol just a little.

I've got a perfect wipper snipper motor, might be a little underpowered though! :devil2: Victa power!!! :D

It does look smaller than it is, to put it into perspective, those front tires are 10" diameter, that back wheel is 18".

Thanks

Hayden

sideways

Reaction score
Okay, so it's not looking quite so tough and manly now, but hay, at least it works. :roflol:

This thing is soooooo high geared, it's rediculous! You can't even pedal up hills. Oh well, in that case, I'd better put an engine on it immediately. :D

That means I get to test out my new welder on it. :bannana:

Thanks for looking

Hayden

Attachments

• SAM_1368.jpg
    SAM_1368.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 28

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
the front wheels and steering doesnt look too bad, the front wheels are good too...

if that was mine i would find 10" kart wheels to match the front and make it a barstool racer (4 wheels)

shaggy0001

enthusiast
Reaction score
def gota keep it a three wheeler with a victa strapped on there you'll be laughing.
maybe friction driven nice and easy :thumbsup:

sideways

Reaction score
the front wheels and steering doesnt look too bad, the front wheels are good too...

if that was mine i would find 10" kart wheels to match the front and make it a barstool racer (4 wheels)

I would turn it into a quad but with those slick front wheels and a live rear axle it'd just understeer everywhere I think. :(

def gota keep it a three wheeler with a victa strapped on there you'll be laughing.
maybe friction driven nice and easy :thumbsup:

I hadn't thought of doing friction drive! I was gona put the engine in front of the seat post, run a pulley tensioner clutch to a jackshaft that goes through where the pedal crank is now, then chain drive to the rear. :D

The seat on that ^^^ kinda reminds me of the south park episode called "The Entity" :D

:roflol: I just wana say, that seat fecking sucks!! I'm certainly replacing it! :ack2:

firekiller52

Flat Head Kinda Guy
Reaction score
those 3 wheeled things are fun, me and my buddy destroyed his in about a month
lets just say you shouldnt tow it behind a quad and off jumps

sideways

Reaction score
have we got an update on this, very curiuos on how it turned out

I haven't done anything worth noting on it yet, been restoring one of my cars! :D

I was thinking of putting the engine above the rear wheel and having a seat where the floor is, make a frame going out the front of it to put your legs on. All the wheels would stay in the same place.

What do you guys think, like that of the original plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.