212cc engine

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
A 212cc engine is roughly 13 cubic inches. A Top Fuel engine makes (conservatively) 8500 hp from 500ci or 17hp/ci. So the theoretical max hp achievable from 13ci is roughly 221hp. Of course this is absolutely not possible or realistic, or is it? Hmmm......

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
A top fuel engine at the Gatornationals broke a blood vessel in my right temple, and I was outside of the fence. Your 212 wouldn't do that, but remember that an open header will still make it loud enough for the neighbors to call the police. Think way ahead as you build, like getting a screw-on/off muffler for an open header, giving you the choice between performance and forgiveness. Karts are a lot of fun to drive, but you do have to crank them up and make them go, mighty frustrating when you're not allowed to do it.

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
A top fuel engine at the Gatornationals broke a blood vessel in my right temple, and I was outside of the fence. Your 212 wouldn't do that, but remember that an open header will still make it loud enough for the neighbors to call the police. Think way ahead as you build, like getting a screw-on/off muffler for an open header, giving you the choice between performance and forgiveness. Karts are a lot of fun to drive, but you do have to crank them up and make them go, mighty frustrating when you're not allowed to do it.
if I ever get pulled over on the backstreets in my kart I figure I’d just tell the police karts or cooler then drugs so please don’t take my gokart.

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
???? I think your missing part of the story.
I’m not I do know mocomb county scanner posted the video of like seven cop cars chasing the man on a minibike with a 3hp Briggs. I feel much safer now that that piece of trash and the minibike he was riding is off the sidewalks. We can all go about our lives in a safer manner.

panchothedog

Reaction score
Max horse power using common off the shelf hop up parts is probably about
22 hp MAYBE 16 lb ft torque at around 8800 rpm. Exotic parts and custom
expensive machine work could yield more but I am talking about parts you can order from any of the popular suppliers. Much more than that and you also start to get into block distortion, which there again can be overcome with expensive custom welding work. If you still need more power buy a larger engine.

Yojih123

Reaction score
Max horse power using common off the shelf hop up parts is probably about
22 hp MAYBE 16 lb ft torque at around 8800 rpm. Exotic parts and custom
expensive machine work could yield more but I am talking about parts you can order from any of the popular suppliers. Much more than that and you also start to get into block distortion, which there again can be overcome with expensive custom welding work. If you still need more power buy a larger engine.
But then I could add a little boost from a turbo and then add a little bit of nitrous meant for small engine's too make more horsepower and torque or I could get this https://www.gopowersports.com/stage-5-performance-engine/ which then I would get it set up as with top plate and with fuel pump and get the engine broke in and dynoed and get the 212cc base engine which is 2196 and then if I want more horsepower and torque then I will add a turbo with a little bit of boost and then a little bit of nitrous to spool the turbo.

Bobo 1959

Reaction score
Max HP and torque are strictly limited by your budget. Keep in mind, there is no substitute for cubic inches.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Hi Grant! Where you been hiding?
Turbochargers do not work good on single cylinder engines and the problem with nitrous is you have no way to add extra fuel to the mix. Get it out of your head. Nomatter what you put in the engine, hd rod, forged piston, hd side cover or flywheel then the block becomes the weak link. It just can’t take the stress. Start with a 420 or a 670 and build that if you want big horsepower. If you do a 670 then you could effectively turbocharge it or better yet get an asin amr 300 supercharger and put a blower on it. Then the problem becomes how to get all that power to the ground.
By the way Grant has a small engine Land-Sea dyno.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Start with a 420 or a 670 and build that if you want big horsepower.
...............unless you'd rather spend $700 on hi-perf parts for a 212cc hotrodding job to end up with an engine without much more torque than an off-the-shelf 13hp Predator 420cc just to save 35# engine weight. See links below for price diff of $270 between the Predator 420cc and the 212cc to start out the right way from the beginning...........
Harbor Freight Tools – Quality Tools at Discount Prices Since 1977
6.5 HP (212cc) OHV Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine, EPA (harborfreight.com)
Remember, the more that you mod a motor, the less return in hp/torque you get for each dollar put into it.