212 Predator performance kits from BMI Karts

redflash

Reaction score
red beards garage just did a dyno pull today with the harbor freight "GHOST".....very interesting, but not that impressive

Da Redflash

panchothedog

Reaction score
Jferguson. The question you ask about H. P. from the 212 engine with the modifications you describe would be about 11 to 12. If while the engine is open
you were to install a mild $53 cam the H. P. would increase about 2. 13 to 14.
Either configuration will be plenty for your small lightweight kart with your son or yourself on board. The reason madprofessor regrets installing a built 212 on
his kart is because it was a large home built kart that weighed well over 500 lbs
WITHOUT the driver. Not applicable to your situation. The point BOTH he and I
are trying to make is to PLEASE install the billet rod and flywheel. Afterwards
you will have a nice dependable power plant that will give you years of service.
As I stated much earlier in this post over revving with stock internal parts can
become dangerous. Cast iron flywheels start to disintegrate when spun too fast
Sure it's a couple of hundred dollars more for the FW and rod. Question for you. How much is your Boys right arm worth. Then O K, how much to prevent let's say just a 12 stitch gash in the upper part of the arm or his shoulder. He knows that he just wants the kart go faster. You know like many choices in life
there risk, rewards, and POSSIBLE consequences. You have two experienced people trying to steer you in the right direction. Bite the bullet and do it the right way.

jmaack

Reaction score
red Beards garage is nothing but slow power sports nut swingers. Sad people keep supporting them.

panchothedog

Reaction score
sorry to disagree with you mr jmaack. I have been able to extract quite a bit of knowledge from RBG video's. I don't know what you mean by people supporting them, the videos are FREE. I build predator and clone engines, as well as refurbish old karts for my Grandchildren. I consider myself a skilled
amateur mechanic and hobbyist. Never heard the term nut swinger before, but it doesn't seem like you are using it in a complementary manner. There are tons of videos out there made by people doing stuff half baked, cutting corners, or
just flat out wrong, as well as not prepared, dogs and kids interrupting and all sorts of distractions. BTW of the 45 to 50 different engine and kart part purcheses I have made over the past 4 years probably close to half of them have been from Go Power Sports.

jmaack

Reaction score
sorry to disagree with you mr jmaack. I have been able to extract quite a bit of knowledge from RBG video's. I don't know what you mean by people supporting them, the videos are FREE. I build predator and clone engines, as well as refurbish old karts for my Grandchildren. I consider myself a skilled
amateur mechanic and hobbyist. Never heard the term nut swinger before, but it doesn't seem like you are using it in a complementary manner. There are tons of videos out there made by people doing stuff half baked, cutting corners, or
just flat out wrong, as well as not prepared, dogs and kids interrupting and all sorts of distractions. BTW of the 45 to 50 different engine and kart part purcheses I have made over the past 4 years probably close to half of them have been from Go Power Sports.
ok....
Congrats?

karl

Reaction score
Nothing terribly wrong with GPS, but they just sell the same stuff as others with an inflated price tag.
The cost of all their advertising / youtube sponsorships comes from your pocket, if you buy from them.

I miss the early days of youtube, where things where uploaded for fun , not just for profits.
Alot of creativity has been lost.

Cartinfun

Reaction score
Nothing terribly wrong with GPS, but they just sell the same stuff as others with an inflated price tag.
The cost of all their advertising / youtube sponsorships comes from your pocket, if you buy from them.

I miss the early days of youtube, where things where uploaded for fun , not just for profits.
Alot of creativity has been lost.
What's a good source, other than GPS, if I am rebuilding a Yerf Dog 3202? I am having to buy a new axle, steering, sest sliders, brake, torque converter, wheels & tires. Starting with pretty much a frame and a new engine. It looks like GPS has pretty much everything I need in one spot and they were pretty helpful when I called to talk about what I need since I am a newbie to all this.

karl

Reaction score
OMB warehouse is good, free shipping on most orders, just one example.

Omb's 40 series torque converter kit costs $220, shipped free.

GPS wants $370 for a comparable kit, then charges another $20 to ship it.

I promise GPS kit is not $170 better than OMB's

Just another tip, if a part is not go kart specific, I don't order it from a go kart site.

Surplus center , amazon, ebay, ect is where I get alot of keyed shaft, bearing blocks, sprockets, tires ect