20hp Briggs vanguard pto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrflyingdonut

New member
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I have a 20hp Briggs vanguard and an old cub cadet transaxle I want to use to make a kart of some sort. Does anyone know where I can get a flywheel PTO adapter for the engine to drive the transmission?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Here's some pictures


Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Messages
5,084
Reaction score
4,521
Location
Southern New Mexico
The other side has the shaft you need to attach to. Probably a 1" keyed shaft. Attach a torque converter between it and the trans axle. Might have to mount the engine sideways but whatever works.
 

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
The other side has the shaft you need to attach to. Probably a 1" keyed shaft. Attach a torque converter between it and the trans axle. Might have to mount the engine sideways but whatever works.

Cub cadets drive off the flywheel, driving off the PTO shaft will reverse the direction of travel, if your into 3 reverse gears.
 

Attachments

  • 20191016_191750.jpg
    20191016_191750.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 6

Mrflyingdonut

New member
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Awesome info on the adapter, does anyone know of a clutch I can use. Or should I just rebuild the old one and use it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top