2020 - The "foxy lady" a manco redfox 2

Smerft85

Reaction score
The "foxy lady" a manco redfox 2

View attachment 118787

Starting a restomod for my kids kart, my girls are 3 and 6. They absolutely love this kart, but are sick of red and black. Seeing as I'm usually driving them around in it I sold the subaru 4hp and will be installing of course a box-stock 212cc predator to help pull all the weight. I'll be swapping out the axle sprocket as well as it's currently geared way to high. Dogs got to the seat pretty bad so we haven't taken it out much because it isn't very comfortable. I have every little piece and part to this one as it came pretty much all original so it should be a swift build.

Attachments

• 20200505_100537.jpg
    20200505_100537.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 12

Smerft85

Reaction score
20200505_173555.jpg

20200505_173547.jpg

Been at it most the day, pulled the extra engine tins out of a spare parts box and cleaned them up. My kids lit up with excitement to see the colors, we have been planning this for almost a year so all my stuff is on the back burner. They may get a white "alligator skin" seat cover, my brother went home for a couple days to clear any expired food out and has a bunch of vinyl.

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
This is looking awesome ! Really like the paint colors too.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
I dig the colours!! With the gas tank, how did you prep it for painting. I painted a few, and gas residue left over always messes things up for me..... no matter how much i try clean

Smerft85

Reaction score
I just sanded and painted. I'll probably keep a funnel with it to try and preserve the paint. Hopefully it will work out, otherwise I'll have to buy a stock of pink paint.

Smerft85

Reaction score
20200506_203902.jpg

Couple small dings in the tank, but I'll bet my kids will be so excited about it being finished they wont even notice. Need some rubber washers before I truly mount the tank, but doesn't look bad mocked up.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 118887

Couple small dings in the tank, but I'll bet my kids will be so excited about it being finished they wont even notice. Need some rubber washers before I truly mount the tank, but doesn't look bad mocked up.

Looks good!

Just a thought on the rubber washers that you mentioned. Are you going to use them under the engine to reduce vibration? Why i ask is because a lot of people have found that if they use rubber washers/spacers, the engine tends to be able to flex a bit and that puts sprockets slightly out of alignment and the chain can pop off. :thumbsup:

Not all the time.....but it can happen

cheap_thrills

Reaction score
Looks good! Very cool project to do with kids. I have a Fox 2X5 I am starting on next for my daughter. She has an old Carter Bros. "Rebel" now she putts around on, but I want to get the 2 seater running for her and her friends to ride

Smerft85

Reaction score
20200509_173837.jpg

Got a bit done the last few days, cage is fully installed and painted, spindles, springs, steering, brake and throttle installed, and steering wheel is back on. I have a #35 12t clutch already, and a 72t sprocket on it's way, once it arrives I'll probably paint it pink and I'll be making a new seat soon, chose white vinyl and I have some foam laying around. The closer it gets to finished the more we all like it here at home.

Smerft85

Reaction score
20200510_181149.jpg

20200510_181211.jpg

20200510_181226.jpg

20200510_181243.jpg

Just about finished, still need to attach the seat after I make covers for the back and bottom, add oil and a killswitch then test ride! Kids already crawled all over it so it's already dirty, also don't expect the seat to look that good for too long.

Smerft85

Reaction score
It is finished but cant get the video to upload. Starts usually on the first pull, brakes work, steering needs minor adjustment but steers decent, killswitch installed and working, don't have to touch the engine other than starting it.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
It is finished but cant get the video to upload. Starts usually on the first pull, brakes work, steering needs minor adjustment but steers decent, killswitch installed and working, don't have to touch the engine other than starting it.

You have to post the video to youtube and then copy the link for it and paste the link here

Smerft85

Reaction score
Nice work! :thumbsup:
Yup, IMO to make 'er "official", your gonna have "squeeze in for a video :roflol:

Will do when the better half gets home, still need to take my girls for a ride anyway, my oldest always has an explosive personality once she's in any kart, they don't have a clue how much faster it is yet. Should be fun!