• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

2020 Boredom builds....

mckutzy

Reaction score
Hey guys... Merry Christmas....

This year has been quite the wild ride for sure... We have had some more than usual time to ourselves, some have had the time to do some things with that time...

What have you done, of note that make that bit of chaos.... a little less.. ....
Could be anything fixed, build,repair ect....What ever....

For me, back earlier in the year A few thing off hand....... A neighbor wanted a bike, like me and the other neighbor friend I have... He had a bit of cash and decided to drop the hammer....
I chipped in a few items and so did the other neighbor, we managed to crank this out in about 2 months for the build time, but finished......(it got stopped by an errant Karen-type neighbor feeling the need to be Karen like, and stop us for "Making noise").....

I installed some light bars inside the truck canopy, made a bracket for the hi-lift jack, installed some E-track strap down rails...

On this, of considerable note as of late.... I had been given a generator a month or 2 ago. It apparently didnt work for what ever reason, and eventually it was given to me from another neighbor a few doors down. he got another one, then cleaned up his space and wheeled it to my house.
The other day the power was out, sitting around not much to do, wait for the power to come back on... So I take a look at the geny....
Turns over, has spark/compression.... Has a blown cap.... He must have ran it hard to blow this....
So a quick order on the Amazon. (so ya I know it takes a few days, but kills time)... Yesterday, Christmas eve, the Amazonian's come to give me a few things.. and a cap...
A quick hookup albeit it was a different shape, still worked. A carb clean, a tank clean/new gas and some Ether start.... she runs......Like holy crap thats it.....
A definite Boss moment...... I think ill go by later and say "Merry Christmas and thanks for the Geny present you gave me earlier, works great now"....

IMG_20200606_142434[1].jpgIMG_20201224_171607[1].jpgIMG_20201224_172332[1].jpgIMG_20200812_182745[1].jpg

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score

This year has been quite the wild ride for sure... We have had some more than usual time to ourselves, some have had the time to do some things with that time...

What have you done, of note that make that bit of chaos.... a little less.. ....
Got a junk ariens mower this summer for free from a dumpster and built a atlt out of it. Trans swap to a 5 speed and 4" hubs from a cub cadet. With the pulley swap and no governer I got to ~32mph.

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
well I made my sister some batarangs and a snitcherang for Christmas. I think that that could cause some mild mayhem. also working on a racing mover with friend,but I don't know how fast it would go.

karl

Reaction score
Merry Christmas!
A quick hookup albeit it was a different shape, still worked. A carb clean, a tank clean/new gas and some Ether start.... she runs......Like holy crap thats it.....
A definite Boss moment
Rite on, score.
I got to ~32mph.
Decccent

working on a racing mover with friend,but I don't know how fast it would go.
Sounds like a good time.

You said it, not me.

Made upgrades on my wheelchair?, or as my neighbor calls it, the tow truck.

I added an auxiliary 1 gallon fuel tank, with a diverter valve from a wrecked zero turn to switch between the tanks.

Also, I added my roll-around 63 amp charge cart to the rear, as ballast, and plenty of power to run the 2500lb winch/lift boom,
and 36watt led lightbar. I am going to add much more lighting, as 750w can provide a decent amount of LED illumination.
The wheel still on the back, is the same size as the front wheels, thus acting as a spare.

And , since the snow hit hard, I got rid of my snowblowers, and the drive to my barn is asphalt shavings, I devised a way of snow management.

Cut down an old set of beefy chains, with cross links every other, to fit the 18in ags, that were take offs to be thrown away.

It is a beast, my 106 cub pulling tractor with 80lb ea wheel weights could not make it out the door. Not only did the lil chair push thru, it
backed up to the 500+lb concrete filled roller sitting for months, pulled it free, and rolled the whole drive, packed tight. Does not stop. No snowblowers needed. Now can have fun with other rides.

Decent. Transaxle had steam rolling off for half an hour after I was done. I have no idea how much this thing weights, 600, 800 lbs? Powered by a 173cc kohler motor, off a scraped pressure washer. Pump froze. Electrical power motor honda GCV160, off scraped washer too, gm 1 wire alternator, 70s-80s era. Hydrostatic drive from john deere garden tractor, tuff torq. Rack and pinion from cub pro-z commercial steering wheel commercial mower.

Attachments

• 20201225_192530.jpg
    20201225_192530.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 20201225_192357.jpg
    20201225_192357.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 4
  • 20201225_192414.jpg
    20201225_192414.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 20201225_192304.jpg
    20201225_192304.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 20201225_192205.jpg
    20201225_192205.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 2

karl

Reaction score
We have had some more than usual time to ourselves, some have had the time to do some things with that time...
Played with recycling HDPE plastic. One trap is from clear scraps, with blue print, that made a glitter effect. Other is a lid from a 5 gallon bucket, solid chunk of HDPE. Both made with the cheapest hotplate available.
I think a toaster oven is in order, and a way of pressing the plastic together. Many bubbles.

Attachments

• 20201227_232423.jpg
    20201227_232423.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 20201227_232641.jpg
    20201227_232641.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Got a junk ariens mower this summer for free from a dumpster and built a atlt out of it. Trans swap to a 5 speed and 4" hubs from a cub cadet. With the pulley swap and no governer I got to ~32mph.
I'd get some pics but my phone broke ~2weeks ago and just started using an old one on Christmas and melted the top today. 2020 for ya lol.