2017 - oz or bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzFab

Reaction score
Four years ago, I got lucky; I won the 2013 build-off by a few votes against, IMO, one of the]/i] best builds I’ve ever seen; apart from that, there were only 3 other finalists that year. In the years since, I’ve seen some awesome builds & now here we are at the start of the next build-off…

Not because I’m feeling lucky, not because I think that highly of myself, just because I can, this year I’m entering not one, not two but THREE simultaneous builds… this is gonna be fun…

All three I’ve been wanting to build for some time; the first, a micro chopper, I’ve had the frame & engine for a few years, I just always had something else going; the other two I had to wait until the right time…

My granddaughter turns 5 in January & her cousin is only 5 months behind her; since they were born I planned on building them matching (except colours) go karts when they were old enough…
IT’S TIME

My grandson has a power wheels car & he loves riding on my electric scooter, my riding mower & even my go kart (obviously, he doesn’t ride any on his own) so, getting him on a kart won’t be an issue; my granddaughter, on the other hand, is a little sheepish; every time her dad starts up his pit bike, she freaks out & runs inside but, we’ll get her out of that soon enough…

The karts will be electric versions of the Spiderkarts Itzy Bitzy for which I’ve been gathering part for some time but, I still have a ways to go…

The micro chopper, as I said, I bought some years ago with no motor, wiring, batteries, nothing; just a frame with wheels; I intend to completely remake the forks; currently, it’s a 2 into 1 welded setup, I intend to stretch them & make a triple tree; once I do that, obviously, I’ll need to also rake the frame… which won’t be the only frame mod; see, instead of sourcing the original motor, etc, this thing will be powered by a rebuilt G100 clone so, I need to mod the frame to make it fit…

Building one kart in six months was ok, building two may have been pushing it; the karts must be finished by Christmas so, if time starts to dwindle, the chopper will suffer but, here’s hoping I can pull it off…

NOTE: This is NOT the official build thread; in the coming days, I will start two separate threads (one for the chopper & one for both karts)...

Last edited:

DaiSan76

Reaction score
Four years ago, I got lucky; I won the 2013 build-off by a few votes against, IMO, one of the]/i] best builds I’ve ever seen; apart from that, there wasn’t a lot of competition that year.

Wow, that's pretty rude.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Four years ago, I got lucky; I won the 2013 build-off by a few votes against, IMO, one of the]/i] best builds I’ve ever seen; apart from that, there wasn’t a lot of competition that year.

Not because I’m feeling lucky, not because I think that highly of myself,

This actually sounds Very Humble to me! Good Luck Getting Lucky again Oz!

OzFab

Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty rude.

:oops: I suppose it could come off that way so, I apologise, I meant no disrespect (being that you were one of my competitors); I didn't mean "you were no competition", I meant "you were one of only 5 finalists" as opposed to last years 11 finalists...

Post edited...

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
I see where the misunderstanding came from,
we use something very similar in german.. boils down to

not a lot competition... lack of quantity
no competition ... lack of quality

just saying... go on!

'sid

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I know exactly what I want to build, but I doubt I'm even able to build it, let alone be able to enter in.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Well I do have part of the funds, unfortunately need to ask permission from the old lady and my dad though, since I have to use the garage and get the okay for the build. Oh how I wish I had my own workshop to do this in.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
Well I do have part of the funds, unfortunately need to ask permission from the old lady and my dad though, since I have to use the garage and get the okay for the build. Oh how I wish I had my own workshop to do this in.

If you'd just get a haircut and a real job, things might be different! :D

Kartorbust

Reaction score
If there was a freakin blizzard every day this winter I wouldn't have to worry. Just another month of this lack of snow crap and I'll have my 40 hours a week back with 3 day weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.