2016 - Volksdad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Forget that roll bar monstrosity you're constructing and just get a helmet and maybe some chest, knees and elbow padding ('karting armor') instead. Will the missus agree though?

I think the common acronym for the wife is SWMBO...

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
She Who Must Be Obeyed. Sheesh, guess it's a regional colloquialism--everywhere but White Settlement, Texas!

Cave dweller.

Mr. Spindle

Reaction score
Ok so I finally got the engine ( predator 212 ) on .... I had to fab up a new engine mount at a weird angle to get the gears to align properly and well I just couldn't resist taking it for a spin. M daughter and I cruised up and down the block this evening - no problem, except the turns are kinda harsh.

The kart stopped on one of these turns so I figured it was either out of gas or starving for oil and that it cut off. I hopped off and with one hand on the rear bumper I started it like I usually do... Except I didn't realize the throttle had not returned all the way.

Bwaaaaaaaaahhhhhh went the cart and I had to hang on because the **** thing was pointing first at the neighbors new van and then at their house.... And my daughters asking me "are you ok dad?", and I'm like ... "Uh yeah I'm fine- no problem"... Meanwhile I'm leaving patches of skin all over the road cause it's doing donuts and dragging me behind it.

I ran the cart into a tree and quickly hit the kill switch... (mental note it might be good to have an extra one mounted on the back of the cart).

Anyhoo the real moral of the story is that generic brand disinfectant lidocaine spray for scrapes that supposed to numb everything- really doesn't work at all. It should be labeled "Canned Hate" cuz that's what it feels like when you spray it on fresh road rash. There's some vile chemist out there secretly giggling himself to sleep thinking about all the idiots like me who believed the lies printed on the label.

Carts

Karts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Ok so I finally got the engine ( predator 212 ) on .... I had to fab up a new engine mount at a weird angle to get the gears to align properly and well I just couldn't resist taking it for a spin. M daughter and I cruised up and down the block this evening - no problem, except the turns are kinda harsh.

The kart stopped on one of these turns so I figured it was either out of gas or starving for oil and that it cut off. I hopped off and with one hand on the rear bumper I started it like I usually do... Except I didn't realize the throttle had not returned all the way.

Bwaaaaaaaaahhhhhh went the cart and I had to hang on because the **** thing was pointing first at the neighbors new van and then at their house.... And my daughters asking me "are you ok dad?", and I'm like ... "Uh yeah I'm fine- no problem"... Meanwhile I'm leaving patches of skin all over the road cause it's doing donuts and dragging me behind it.

I ran the cart into a tree and quickly hit the kill switch... (mental note it might be good to have an extra one mounted on the back of the cart).

Anyhoo the real moral of the story is that generic brand disinfectant lidocaine spray for scrapes that supposed to numb everything- really doesn't work at all. It should be labeled "Canned Hate" cuz that's what it feels like when you spray it on fresh road rash. There's some vile chemist out there secretly giggling himself to sleep thinking about all the idiots like me who believed the lies printed on the label.

Oh no, something similar happens with my old kart. I started it and it took off like that! Ran into the trailer = bent spindles, anyways :backtotopic:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.