2016 - Flyin hillbilly's 2016 build off entry "the lawn chair"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
Started working on figuring out the amperage I need for welding the frame. Going to do some destructive bend tests to make sure I'm getting good penetration and roll with it if it's good. The frame is going to be of a double rail construction using 1/2" square tubing.

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
That's a awesome weld actually. With just the weld pic I would tell you that's a whole lot better than most.

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
Happy with this amperage and bend test, 35amps it is.

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae92/Flyinhillbilly/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsqx4iazab.jpg[/URL]

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Anyone know a better option than photobucket? I literally can't upload the last two pics for the stupid pop ups.

Attachments

• image_zpsqx4iazab.jpg
    image_zpsqx4iazab.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Can you change that bills chair to a Miami dolphins chair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
You bet, I just need one with the cooler built into the arm like this one. Bought it just for the cooler, I don't follow any teams or sports other than racing.

On another note, further inspection of the newly aquired ATV, it has good, working hydraulic rear disk brakes, and the front spindles should be fairly easy to adapt to what I'm doing. I was test driving a pickup at my job (mechanic) and saw that on the side of the road with a free sign so I stopped and loaded it in a customers truck and brought it back. Wheels, tires, axle, brakes, spindles, and who knows what else I need from it for $Free.99. So far I have about $30 in this build, er, pile of parts.....

David Ham

Reaction score
Ok, I don't know jack about these Chinese quads, but judging by this video would you guys agree with my assessment that all that's wrong with this is the starter is bad?

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

http://youtu.be/PgpxoQh4zsY
If that drill was turning the engine over, you might have compression issues with it, I know none of my power drills would turn over my 196cc engine, I don't know about 125cc. The starter did sound sketchy though.

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
I've been riding it a little. I need to clean the carb, but it seems to be fine. If I can ever finish my remodel (getting close finally) I'll have time to actually get something done on this thing.

My truck with all the guts from my two back bedrooms in the back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 7

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
Well guys, I'm out I the build off. I'm going to sell my little 4 wheeler and maybe even my minibike to fund a TT BBC 85 C10 I just picked up.
My intentions are to have it ready for the collector car auction in Branson MO in the spring, so I'm going to have to apply all of my time and resources to finish it in time. If you guys want to see the build, I'd be happy to post a build thread in the off topic forum.

Chancer already has me beat anyway. I've been planning on voting for his build.

Status
Not open for further replies.