2016 - D-DAY MACHINE, Manco J. Willy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirHoustonTexas

Reaction score
No If you recall he was trying to sell his vote! OMG!!!

and it looks like 'Sarge's' cousin now! love the OD green!

I know he was trying to sell his vote but he was only getting paid if I got paid when I win! Lol

As for sarges cousin? Is that the other jeep style build you were talking about? By OD Green you mean dark olive? It's Bedliner btw.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
No. unfortunately the way Kelly wood has chosen to post he just has 1 long continuos on going thread about ALL his builds. Rather than 1 thread for each build, none are ever really done. but if you scroll througha few pages you may see a pic of Sarge.
Kelly does some strange karts he calls it "ART". All of his Karts are themed. and Sarge is a jeep themed kart. It still a street kart with slicks but WW11 Military themed.
and the thing will haul some serious butt too.

SirHoustonTexas

Reaction score
This one should be pretty powerful as well. Claims 4-5 extra HP with the kit plus I'm porting and polishing the head. So I'm being modest saying 16.5-17 Hp(stock is 13Hp) but could be 19.5-20 Hp. I'll never know anyway lol The more I think about the more I worry about the stock axle hangers. Setup is 17Hp (motor) #40-14Tooth (Drive Sprocket) #40-72 Tooth (Axle Sprocket) 16 inch Tire I have no idea what the MAX RPM is but here is some numbers.

PLEASE POINT OUT ANYTHING THAT DOESNT LOOK RIGHT OR MAY BE A PROBLEM FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE (NOT YOUR BIAS/JEALOUSY) cough*cough* POBOY lol JK
Calculator from Gokartguru.com
--------------------------------------
KNOWN FACTUAL INFO/CALCULATED ESTIMATES. ALL NUMBERS BASED ON LOWEST POSSIBLE HP RATING 17HP (COULD BE UP TO 20HP):

Weight of frame(guesstimated)-205
Weight of person(average)-175
Horsepower(modest estimate)-17hp
Engine rated @RPM-3600
Max RPM(unknown but hopefully->)-6000
Chain pitch-.5
Clutch sprocket tooth count-14
Drive axle tooth count-72
Tire diameter-16 inch
% of weight over rear wheels(guesstimated)-65%
Coefficient of friction?(Whatever)-.99
---------------------------------------------------------------
"THEORETICAL" RESULTS:

Speed @ 6000RPM = 56MPH
0-60 = 5.34 seconds
Ratio(Crank to Tire rotations) = 5:1
Total Weight = 370 lbs
Engine torque = 298 inch pounds
Force from engine pushing kart = 189.8 lbs
Force required to make tires spin = 238 lbs
Acceleration = 16.48 feet per second squared
Chain tension = 265 lbs

This build is turning out to be a huge success (so far) and incredibly powerful. I mean zero to sixty in 5.3 seconds?? That I can't wait to see.
Everything looks great as long as 17HP is accurate. Anymore and the tires could possibly spin out with a heavy foot or send you into the past/future. But I think that might be ok.

THIS IS MY FIRST BUILD LIKE THIS EVER SO I WOULD LOVE SOME INPUT ON WHAT YALL THINK OF THESE NUMBERS. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. ANY INPUT AT ALL PLEASE AND THANK YOU MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
This one should be pretty powerful as well. Claims 4-5 extra HP with the kit plus I'm porting and polishing the head. So I'm being modest saying 16.5-17 Hp(stock is 13Hp) but could be 19.5-20 Hp. I'll never know anyway lol The more I think about the more I worry about the stock axle hangers. Setup is 17Hp (motor) #40-14Tooth (Drive Sprocket) #40-72 Tooth (Axle Sprocket) 16 inch Tire I have no idea what the MAX RPM is but here is some numbers.

PLEASE POINT OUT ANYTHING THAT DOESNT LOOK RIGHT OR MAY BE A PROBLEM FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE (NOT YOUR BIAS/JEALOUSY) cough*cough* POBOY lol JK
Calculator from Gokartguru.com
--------------------------------------
KNOWN FACTUAL INFO/CALCULATED ESTIMATES. ALL NUMBERS BASED ON LOWEST POSSIBLE HP RATING 17HP (COULD BE UP TO 20HP):

Weight of frame(guesstimated)-205
Weight of person(average)-175
Horsepower(modest estimate)-17hp
Engine rated @RPM-3600
Max RPM(unknown but hopefully->)-6000
Chain pitch-.5
Clutch sprocket tooth count-14
Drive axle tooth count-72
Tire diameter-16 inch
% of weight over rear wheels(guesstimated)-65%
Coefficient of friction?(Whatever)-.99
---------------------------------------------------------------
"THEORETICAL" RESULTS:

Speed @ 6000RPM = 56MPH
0-60 = 5.34 seconds
Ratio(Crank to Tire rotations) = 5:1
Total Weight = 370 lbs
Engine torque = 298 inch pounds
Force from engine pushing kart = 189.8 lbs
Force required to make tires spin = 238 lbs
Acceleration = 16.48 feet per second squared
Chain tension = 265 lbs

This build is turning out to be a huge success (so far) and incredibly powerful. I mean zero to sixty in 5.3 seconds?? That I can't wait to see.
Everything looks great as long as 17HP is accurate. Anymore and the tires could possibly spin out with a heavy foot or send you into the past/future. But I think that might be ok.

THIS IS MY FIRST BUILD LIKE THIS EVER SO I WOULD LOVE SOME INPUT ON WHAT YALL THINK OF THESE NUMBERS. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. ANY INPUT AT ALL PLEASE AND THANK YOU MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

If you go by those performance numbers you may be a bit disappointed I'm afraid. No way 0-60 in under 6 seconds. :roflol:

Denny

SirHoustonTexas

Reaction score
Well I just thought maybe because of power to weight ratio lol but also the guesstimated numbers probably have everything to do with that. I did this about 2 weeks ago waiting on parts and I got 6.5 seconds. Not sure what is different. Does that sound plausible?

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Cool but paint the pull starter too. The military just paints EVERYTHING olive drab green.
"If its green its groovy if it aint green paint it green and make it groovy" U.S.M.C. circa 1967

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
I am curious to see how this does with 16" tires, 5.1:1 gear ratio, 17HP and a C.Clutch.
What clutch do you have?

Carry on!:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.