2016 - Chrome Rhino's "Rat Wagon" build entry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChromeRhino

Reaction score
Any better ideas out there?
Craigs list.... For a different set of used wheels.

Or ask around here? USPS Shipping is cheap.

I have been looking on craigslist.. nothing has popped up that would fit this application yet but I will keep trying. Maybe I will try on here too. Thanks.

ChromeRhino

Reaction score
I got the motors, electronics, jackshafts, chargers and axle gears in the mail this week! Thanks again, Chancer :) I opened it up like it was Christmas morning and sorted it all out. Now to plan out placement and how to get it all to fit, workung and look good.

I was going to do a little suspension in back also but that would mean I would thave to triangulate the rear axle, mount the motor and jackshaft to move with the rear axle, and do it in a way that it can't be seen but yet doesn't disrupt what little ground clearance it has. Its pretty long and the ground clearance won't be but several inches so any bump or grade transition will bottom it out if I lower the clearance much more.

We might actually be able to get something accomplished on this thing tomorrow!

Attachments

• 20160506_211947_zpsan8gbamk.jpg
    20160506_211947_zpsan8gbamk.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 8

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Cool Glad you got everything ok. I forgot you were a Long haul Driver so I was expecting to hear earlier this week.
I noticed 1 of the motors has a spot where the wires got hot. That is from Running the batteries down too low. But everything was working before disassembly.

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Reaction score
Yeah... but at this rate I might as well add designs for treads so she can ride it in the snow, when I finally finish it! Lol

Hopefully I can get an hour or so to work on the projects in the next couple of days.

I'm trying to decide on a drive axle. I am going to use those bumb 6 hole split rim jobs but I don't kni w the best... well, cheapest, way to attach them to the axle. I was thinking weld a custom flat piece of stock on and drill 6 holes for bolts. Center everytging up, put the bolts thru and tack weld them to stay in place.

Any better ideas out there?

I was looking at those strange rims. How many of them do you have? And what's the dia of the bolt pattern? I might have something.

ChromeRhino

Reaction score
I was looking at those strange rims. How many of them do you have? And what's the dia of the bolt pattern? I might have something.

I'm not quite sure. I will go check when I get home. Took the boy to the skate/bike park for some scars... I mean... some fun ;)

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

2 3/4" best I can tell

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Wallered out is the most commonly used southern measurement around here.

"It's Wallered out just a schosh"
Wallered out: To make a hole bigger by reaming it to the extreme.
Schosh: is a hair less tham a smidgen.
Smidgen: Cookery term for a small amount.

Don't Worry Ron we will get you up to date.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
My old man used to say "a little RED pubic hair"
Later in life I checked, they are the same!!!

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
My old man used to say "a little RED pubic hair"
Later in life I checked, they are the same!!!

Wait....what? IDK...IDK!!!! Do I divide by 8? So....80 mph...IDK!...IDK!!!

Metric is soooooo much easier....you always divide by 10....

Now I've done it!!!! I'll be up all night trying to convert pubic hairs to metric!

ChromeRhino

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm still around. I got caught up with other atuff. Working on getting my boat and popup camper that I bought for $200 usable. Been working and trying to keep my head above water. Money seems to be elusive and disappears just before I get a chance to buy stuff for the build projects that would need to continue the builds.

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
Glad to see you're still around bud. Try and do one thing a day, and you'll get there.

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm still around. I got caught up with other atuff. Working on getting my boat and popup camper that I bought for $200 usable. Been working and trying to keep my head above water. Money seems to be elusive and disappears just before I get a chance to buy stuff for the build projects that would need to continue the builds.

Story of my life right there, between remodeling my house, putting my race car back together, and fighting with my turbo truck I have pretty much zero time for projects. I'm almost caught up now though and it'll be ON then.

Status
Not open for further replies.