2016 - Chrome Rhino's "Cozy Coupe"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChromeRhino

Reaction score
NO FAIR!!!! I think you had your daughter help with that sign!!!! What? Is SHE gonna do all the welding, too?

Ofcorse. She is doing all the drawing and my son does the welding, I'm just taking credit for it :) Actually, I think he might weld better than me... I'm not so happy with my welds lately. She even put the welder together when we got it! Lol

Attachments

• 20151129_230842_zpshrf8dhwi.jpg
    20151129_230842_zpshrf8dhwi.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20160102_131846_zpsuxjbbdi6.jpg
    20160102_131846_zpsuxjbbdi6.jpg
    674.6 KB · Views: 7

ChromeRhino

Reaction score
See... it is a Family Friendly site!
That is cool the boy welds!

Yup... we gathered up a couple pieces of flat stock and he welded himself a "T".... then he took it in for show and tell to prove that he "welds" :) We put down a few lines on another piece and I tried to tell him about how to control the pool, speed control, angle and so on but I think all that was in his head the whole time was "IM WELDING!!!!" lol I finally let him go on hos own with no help or input and what you see below is his first weld :)

Attachments

• 20160130_214029_zpsyvplp4e9.jpg
    20160130_214029_zpsyvplp4e9.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 11

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Yeah....that's pretty much what happens in my head....only it's :I'M WELDING! !!! I'M ACTUALLY WELDING! !. ....and occasionally onr of my welds comes out that good!

ChromeRhino

Reaction score
That weld looks good for a first try!!

Yeah, I agree. Especially considering Dad has the shade and sensitivity jacked up on the auto-darkening mask AND the ground clamp wasn't directly connected to the piece he was welding on lol I put everything up and set the feed rate and amp settings down to minimum so he could adjust it to where we had been at to see if he had been paying attention and so he felt more like he was a big shot welder lol... He got the settings pretty close but the ground clamp was only touching the welding table surface. He clamped it and everything. Not bad at all for a 9 yrs old's first try though :)

Heck, my first experience, not much older than my son is now, all I can remember is a wet floor, wet horse trailer, and grabbing my first cold sweating beer off the fender and my godfather laughing and saying "That's why I told you not to set your beer there." I'll tell you this, those old Lincoln 220v stick welders put out some serious juice. I have no idea how my weld looked but to this day I flinch every time I go to pick up a beer lol ;)

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

Yeah....that's pretty much what happens in my head....only it's :I'M WELDING! !!! I'M ACTUALLY WELDING! !. ....and occasionally onr of my welds comes out that good!

Lol yeah, me too! I just blame it on not having a bottle for shielding gas and bad flux wire ;)

ChromeRhino

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm still around. I got caught up with other atuff. Working on getting my boat and popup camper that I bought for $200 usable. Been working and trying to keep my head above water. Money seems to be elusive and disappears just before I get a chance to buy stuff for the build projects that would need to continue the builds

Status
Not open for further replies.