2015 - DesertDuler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desertduler

Reaction score
You need a bigger track :lolgoku:. And you kart needs gears.
I have access to a GIANT lake bed that I have made super long courses on, I have plenty of race bike engines that have six speed transmissions that I can use when I build a shifter kart, this kart was made with a single gear ratio in mind and it works good enough for me in the state that it is in, plus the owner of this track has gave me permission to use his track anytime and it is not too far from my home if I choose to run my karts on asphalt.

Desertduler

Reaction score
Nice. What kind of engines do you have that are 6 speeds? And you are lucky to have that track.
One of them is a KTM 525 MXC that has an overbore kit that makes it a 540 and it has been modified by me and it runs like a chipped diesel on steroids which is electric start and it is a four stroke, I used to have it on one of my Desert Racing motorcycles and it rips! I also have a five speed KTM 300 XCW engine also that is a two stroke that has been modified and ported by me that moves too and others.
:backtotopic:

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Desert I got an idea. For next year's build off you should build you're wife a gokart with one of those little rotarys in it. I think she has lost this one! :lolgoku: That little sucker is cool!

Denny
:useless:

Desertduler

Reaction score
Desert I got an idea. For next year's build off you should build you're wife a gokart with one of those little rotarys in it. I think she has lost this one! :lolgoku: That little sucker is cool!

Denny
:useless:
Thanks Denny! I might have to trade her out of it!:lolgoku:

Desertduler

Reaction score
Yep. :iagree:I think I saw that coming a few months ago. :lolgoku: But it is probably fine, you stated that you built it for her cause she liked driving yours.
Well in all reality it is hers and I did build it for her she would not dig me trying to swindle her out of it!:lolgoku:
But I will leave my hot tune up on it so I can have some fun with it too! :thumbsup:

Desertduler

Reaction score
One last look of the business end of this powerful screaming Rotary Combustion Engine powered kart, I had fun building it and I will keep some of the different things that I have done to this kart and use them in the future with upcoming builds I have in mind, I am real happy with the outcome of this kart as it handles excellent on both dirt and asphalt as one can see in my helmet cam videos, make no mistake this kart is a powerhouse and most certainly with its latest state of tune, best of luck to all the builders in this build off!

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 25

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
You have built one very nice Kart. And fully documented how and why each and every detail was taken into consideration. All of the normal wear and tear items that happen to our Karts have been addressed. From the frame spacers for your engine mount to the nylon mounts for the gas and brake cables. I could go on and on.

I HOPE ANYONE PLANNING TO VOTE READS YOUR ENTIRE THREAD FIRST.
This kart looks relatively normal and tame, but it is built to be used and used and last and last.

A complete Job very well done
Thank you.

Desertduler

Reaction score
Hey thanks chancer that means a lot to me, this has been really fun and I hope that we can all learn from each other and have a good time doing so and maybe spark some interest in other people to this fun hobby, one can learn quite a bit from building a kart from scratch I know I have as this is my second one and I intend on building more in the future as I am going to retire from my job of 38 years this spring and I plan on becoming a professional goof off and finish some things that I have not completed in my shop, thanks again for the kind words.

urquiola

Reaction score
Hi!: this is not direclty connected to the thread of a Sachs RCE powered kart by Desertduler, but a generic question:
Does somebody have experience with a front wheel power, rear wheel steering kart or any other fast vehicle?
This arrangement is common in building works motorized trolleys, but it seems for road vehicles it oversteers or countersteers, being unpractical. A small motorcycle with this arrangement was tested recently by a Japanese maker, but those who drove it said it's like entering a compass in a curve, different to anything they had driven before.
Thanks, best regards, + salut

Last edited:

Desertduler

Reaction score
Hi!: this is not direclty connected to the thread of a Sachs RCE powered kart by Desertduler, but a generic question:
Does somebody have experience with a front wheel power, rear wheel steering kart or any other fast vehicle?
This arrangement is common in building works motorized trolleys, but it seems for road vehicles it oversteers or countersteers, being unpractical. A small motorcycle with this arrangement was tested recently by a Japanese maker, but those who drove it said it's like entering a compass in a curve, different to anything they had before.
Thanks, best regards, + salut
You more than likely would get better information somewhere else on this site besides my build off thread, thank you. And thank you sir for the information you sent me in the mail all the way from Spain!

Desertduler

Reaction score
Go back to page 18 on this thread and look at post #347, I have posted a spec sheet there, if you need anymore details PM me an I will answer anything that you want if need be, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.