2014 - Piranha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Was a little more then puss, there was talk about removing a section of my throat and the possibility of losing my vocal cords. No cancer but the infection was so bad that I had to be put on IV antibiotics for 2 months. And I've lost over 40 lbs from not being able to eat solid food. I'm dying for a dang hamburger like you wouldn't know.

Oh yes I would. .....I lost 40 lbs myself when I couldn't eat solid food. ....and I only weighed 180!..... I can still manage a hamburger. ...if I have 1/2 an hour to eat it. ....but I REALLY miss crispy tacos....nachos....and chips and salsa.....

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Must be done by Sept 31, I've missed almost 3 months and started on April 1rst so I need to get my arse in gear and build like I've never built before. Still have complete steering system brake system and all electrical and half the framing to do.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
OK folks, I continue building tomorrow after finishing my shop. Had to insulate and installed a pipe heater so I shouldn't freeze my butt off this winter. Gonna start doing the walking beam suspension only parts I still need is 2 more lengths of track and 12 boogies. I get those next month and should JUST have enough time to finish this build to the state that it is running and working. Paint will have to wait till after contest closes unless I manage to get some work done quick. Pictures to follow in the next couple days.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Suspension work

Finally got back to work on project cut most of one side suspension. Going o weld it up tomorrow so I should have one side done in the next couple days. Main suspension is 2" x 4" x 1/8" wall with 1" tool steel rod for the pins.

Attachments

• HPIM1882.jpg
    HPIM1882.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 20
  • HPIM1883.jpg
    HPIM1883.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 18
  • HPIM1884.jpg
    HPIM1884.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 21
  • HPIM1885.jpg
    HPIM1885.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 19
  • HPIM1886.jpg
    HPIM1886.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 15

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Got most of the suspension cut and drilled just need to weld it up then I'll post some pictures. Please don't ask for dimensions I couldn't tell you off hand its more a work of experimentation then any real science. This is my third attempt at this suspension but I think I have the bugs worked out this time.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Stuck till I can find some track, gonna hit burls creek auto swap on thursday so hope i can find my stuff its gonna be very close if i can get it running by end of month.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Well I'm sorry to say it but due to health issues I am unable to complete this project by the end of Sept. So I ask mods to move this to whatever thread is appropriate. Next year I will enter again and continue on this project as my health permits. In no way am I gonna junk this project but it will be a few months till I am able to get it in any running condition.

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Well, I hope your health gets better. Sorry to hear your not doing so well. It will pass.....
They need to add a "campfire with tent" emoticon to go with the :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: This might be a long wait...... Someone make more :popcorn::popcorn::thumbsup:

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Thanks I wish I hadn't had the health issues should have been able to complete this in 3-4 months but Murphy that little pain in the (CENSORED) had other ideas. I'm still gonna finish it, but its just gonna take more time then I have left.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Sorry haven't been active of late put project on hold till next season while i find the rest of my parts theres no way I'm over 50 percent yet and still have alot of work to do.

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Sorry haven't been active of late put project on hold till next season while i find the rest of my parts theres no way I'm over 50 percent yet and still have alot of work to do.

Dude, I'd rather see you in good health, than that monster come alive. You'll finish, all in due time...... :thumbsup:
Get to feeling better, bro!

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
One thing I found out when I basically lost a year of my life to Cancer.....was that all the little crap in life can wait.....but it probably wasn't the best thing for a procrastinator like me.....

Get well my friend....

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Still have jaw infection, they have me on IV pump antibiotics. Would like to ask for a ruling on percentage done keep in mind I have all wiring controls and suspension to go. I figure I have maybe max 20 percent done. Its also too **** cold out there to work on it. So gonna wait till next years event.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Still have jaw infection, they have me on IV pump antibiotics. Would like to ask for a ruling on percentage done keep in mind I have all wiring controls and suspension to go. I figure I have maybe max 20 percent done. Its also too **** cold out there to work on it. So gonna wait till next years event.

When next year comes around I am sure we can fit you in. As long as it is not 50% done.

Hope you feel better soon

Jzward1

Reaction score
So are you going to enter this project in the 2015 build off and I hope your health has gotten better would like to see the rest of this build :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.