2014 - Moto's motorized-thingamabob

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorizedeverything

Reaction score
So I am not really sure on what the over all dimensions are going to be its going to be one of those grab the welder do what you have pictured in your mind builds. That being said:

Its going to have:
36in 1in live axle
15in tires rear
13in tires front
212cc predator engine
tav2 torque converter
and is going to be built using mostly 1x2x1/8in rectangular tubing mixed with some 1x1 square tubing

Mini bike being help full as usual

Attachments

• IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1156.jpg
    IMG_1156.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1157.jpg
    IMG_1157.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 46

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Good to see you enter the competition, Moto. Since I know you, and know what's going on, I''ll give you a pass on the date. I know the pic is fresh. (Hence the password). Happy building and good luck.

rmm727

Reaction score
Do you have a built thread on the mini bike? That's pretty cool. Some one posted a pic of it before but that was about it.

DaiSan76

Reaction score
Looks like he butt welded 1" tube to the existing frame, it's pretty blurry when I zoom in that far, but it looks like a pretty weak joint.

andrewmacc

Canadian Wonderboy
Reaction score
Actually you would want the front axle just slightly wider in the front. It helps with overall turning radius.

You can observe the same phenomenon on trucks and cars - but mostly trucks. The front axle can be a cumulative 2.5" wider than the rear. IE a typical Ford kingpin Dana 60 is about 69.25" wide and a rear Dana 60 is around 67" wide from WMS to WMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.