2014 - Bigger, Better Tx Go Kart Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relativity

Reaction score
Let's jump straight to the chase! Here is the video of my final Go Kart build in action for first time! Remember to vote for me!
<thead> <tr> <td class='tcat' colspan='2'><a href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgTsm073ekk&feature=youtu.be' target='_blank'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgTsm073ekk&feature=youtu.be</a></td> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr> <td class='alt1'><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgTsm073ekk&feature=youtu.be"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgTsm073ekk&feature=youtu.be" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object></td> </tr>
Hmm, I am from West Tx where Oil Field Jobs are plentiful, the women more beautiful, and building Go Karts break all the rules. Mine will be the roughest, toughest, tire smokin'st of them all, but best of all best lookin'st!
So I am up for the challenge of picking up the change that feel out of my pockets on the floor and sticking together a Kart that's going to beat ya'll all!
The build: ole Manco 2 seater with live axle, 2 supped up hopped up modded go singer Predators 212cc, and a bunch of other goodies to go!
Bring'em on partner.
*Please note I am portraying a stereotypical Texan and hope I in no way offend or hurt any of my fellow competitors except when the limp away licking their wounds cause their backside hurts them more than icy hot applied the sunburned, chapped, sore loser. Again sorry just talking smack! Just wanna have fun. Think it's the Coors talking.:cheers2::thumbsup:
Oh, parts source: OMB, ARC, Ebay, and on the ground.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3859/14360622648_c575b72772_b.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3876/14360487667_191911f1bc_b.jpg
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2938/14543544251_81d68d222e_b.jpg

Attachments

• 14360622648_c575b72772_b.jpg
    14360622648_c575b72772_b.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 118
  • 14360487667_191911f1bc_b.jpg
    14360487667_191911f1bc_b.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 14543544251_81d68d222e_b.jpg
    14543544251_81d68d222e_b.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited by a moderator:

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Uhhummmmm.....we all know Texans are big on talk......now you got to deliver. .....:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Bring it buddy......and show 'em how we does it.....Texas style.....

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Reaction score
... but best of all best lookin'st!...

Lol... I took a similar(original frame) kart and made this w/ it... kinda interested in whatcha gonna do w/ yours.:thumbsup:

... I wish you luck on your build!:cheers2::popcorn:

Start a log an post pics n vids... helps at voting time:thumbsup:.

Relativity

Reaction score
Thanks guys this should be fun. Oh and Half-breeder... nice Kart! Good looking rims and tire combo! Motorcycle tank is nice touch as well. Not sure if I have every seen that done before.
Man I am tired from work all day. Did not do much except drill two holes in the gx160 head bolt holes to fit the predator dowel pins. While I did drill them out to same depth and width as the predator head I think I need to drill them .02 deeper to accommodate the .010 head gasket, I think.

Metal_Rott

Reaction score
Oh man! I had that exact Kart when I was a kid. My dad got a little drunk one day(not much of a drinker) and came back with this beast! At the time we lived in an area where lots of house were being constructed so it was a BLAST! Man I miss that thing! With enough patience you could get that thing looking like Half-Breeders for sure.

Is it going to be all dirt or asphalt too?

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
:lolgoku: its funny, only 2 posters are not from Texas.... One is a mod, so he is ALWAYS cool. :)roflol:) The other is, a, Half-breeder, and we'll, he is hick enough to pass.......
Wait did I just call us hicks?! Maybe so, but it would be hicks with good jobs and good looking chick's..... And not the kind that go chirp chirp...... (just clearing that up for them Canadians...... :lolgoku:)

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Hicks?????? ....Most people use the 4th letter of the alphabet instead of "H"...to describe us....

Half-breeder doesn't quite qualify for a 100% redneck tho........too much zen and soy sauce. .....maybe a rose-neck?????.....lol.......JK.......

I give him my vote for the 4th letter club tho......He so smart....#1 smart son....ah so..... (did I misspell that...lol??????)

Oh.....BTW.....Relativity....welcome to the forum. ....and don't worry about stepping on toes here......especially Texans......you'll be looking for a hug from roughnecks after a while.....because they are nicer......JK.....

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
BTW.......To the mods....sorry for the multiple posts....but it just doesn't feel right unless I separate them ....

For our international members who may not know...a roughneck is an oil field worker....a profession that has earned a reputation as a rough one......not without some validation. .....the job is probably easier than dealing with the co-workers......they are a rowdy bunch........but the job itself can be dangerous and demanding. ....and noobs are initiated brutally. ......

So you are probably better off calling a marine a sissy than a roughneck. ....because a Marine......has been taught discipline. ....while a roughneck has just been honed to be meaner than he started out. ......

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Technically, a ROUGH neck works on a rig, feeding the drill stem, more and more collars, till they hit oil.
The rest of us in the oil field, are what is known as, ahem,.... Oil field trash. Which I proudly display on my arm..... It's an ironic term, being that, we might have rough, demanding, dirty jobs, but we GET PAID, fool..... :thumbsup::lolgoku:
:oops:

Relativity

Reaction score
I've been called Oil Field trash and proud of it!
Been busy... ordering more parts lately. Havent made to much progress lately since I am waiting for parts to arrive. Have started working on the frame finally. I will post pics in just a bit.

Relativity

Reaction score
Oh man! I had that exact Kart when I was a kid. My dad got a little drunk one day(not much of a drinker) and came back with this beast! At the time we lived in an area where lots of house were being constructed so it was a BLAST! Man I miss that thing! With enough patience you could get that thing looking like Half-Breeders for sure.

Is it going to be all dirt or asphalt too?

Hey again Metal Rott! The Kart is going to be for large flat open spaces! Concrete, asphalt, or dirt.
Half-Breeders has a super nice cart... Mine will be similar... alittle but enought to set us apart. Both will be Bad to the Bone!

Relativity

Reaction score
So I am making alittle progress. Kinda held up waiting on parts as well as trying and finish up the twin motors.
Me and my son took Kart to my shop this week end and did some cutting and grinding and tried to get the rear wheels off the back axles. Spoiler alert! I was going to have the rims chrome plated but after unsuccessful attempts on trying to remove the rear wheels I just torched the off.

One motor almost complete.

Relativity

Reaction score
Made little progress. Here you can see I cut off old front spindle perches and replaced them with ones with the springs above the spindle.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Jeeze....don't you know anything. ....the rule is wagon wheels for big screens....lawnmower and gokart for TABLETS man.....I can't take you guys anywhere. .....:lolgoku:

Relativity

Reaction score
Jeeze....don't you know anything. ....the rule is wagon wheels for big screens....lawnmower and gokart for TABLETS man.....I can't take you guys anywhere. .....:lolgoku:

Actually Poboy, was hoping these wheels and maybe a spoiler would help me achieve about 120mHz... well I can hope:backtotopic:! haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.