2009 Taotao 107cc 3 speed clutch

Brohornn

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2009 Taotao 107cc 3 speed with reverse. Can anyone provide me with a website or link to purchase a replacement clutch for this please. I cannot find anything with a 3 speed. The only thing that I am finding is for an automatic.

Attachments

• IMG_0448.jpeg
    IMG_0448.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

Rat

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2009 Taotao 107cc 3 speed with reverse. Can anyone provide me with a website or link to purchase a replacement clutch for this please. I cannot find anything with a 3 speed. The only thing that I am finding is for an automatic.
The clutch plates and baskets are exactly the same... or at least they were, and the same clutch packs are typically used 50cc up to 120cc.
The difference is or was almost exclusively in the cover being one had a manual cable linkage and the other does not because it is actuated by the gearshift mechanism so shifting up or down but not releasing the shifter to complete the shift you effectively hold the clutch open

Last edited:

Brohornn

Reaction score
I replaced the clutch last night. I topped it off with oil. The clutch itself works phenomenal. It does not slip at higher RPMs anymore. However, the clutch seems very noisy and it doesn’t want to shift gears as easily now. Any clue what this might be?

Brohornn

Reaction score
I adjusted the shifting linkage. It is good where it is at it. It doesn’t want to Shift in the gear sometimes. Even when I try to shift the gear by hand manually on the side of the motor.

I adjusted the clutch where it is supposed to be.

Brohornn

Reaction score
I’m leaving for Arkansas tomorrow for a week to go trail riding. I’m contemplating on putting the old clutch back in it. I’m wondering if I got a faulty clutch, or perhaps somehow installed it incorrectly. I don’t want it to mess up the motor. I’ll try to make a video of the sound when I get home today and upload it if I can

Rat

Reaction score
I replaced the clutch last night. I topped it off with oil. The clutch itself works phenomenal. It does not slip at higher RPMs anymore. However, the clutch seems very noisy and it doesn’t want to shift gears as easily now. Any clue what this might be?
Sounds like you just need to ride it and wear in the plates to me, a new clutch makes any machine seem shift a bit stiffer at first, but especially an auto-clutch manual

I know on some of those they don't want to shift if your ground speed and rpm are off and just causing some binding in the shift forks from being under load (try shifting a little later, completely off the throttle from a higher rpm)