2 to 1 Gear Reduction 6.5 HP Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaiSan76

Reaction score
I have been looking, and can't find a source for a Honda GX200-RH2 22mm Shaft 2 to 1 Gear Reduction box. Not the entire Engine, I just want the gear box, because it should bolt right onto my clone engine. Has anyone seen these things for sale anywhere?

:confused:

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
Advantages:
Sealed unit
Compact
Looks good
Better name

Disadvantages:
Price
Output shaft size
Difficulty of installing a clutch

I would just change your jackshaft gearing

DaiSan76

Reaction score
The jackshaft is one of those bolt to the engine kind, I don't think I can change the gearing. One of my upgrade plans is to add a regular jack-shaft. It's geared far to high for my backyard. I was really just looking into other options that wouldn't require building a jack-shaft.

DaiSan76

Reaction score
Maybe you could get a TC instead?

I'd really just like to gear it down to about 10-15mph at 3600 rpm. It's going to spend it's life being driven by kids on a smallish track in my back yard with strait stretches no longer than about 100 feet. I'll go for a TC on my next build that I might actually take to SMORR.

anderkart

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong, but I always thought the gear reduction engines used a special crankshaft with splines on the output shaft instead of a keyway...

DaiSan76

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong, but I always thought the gear reduction engines used a special crankshaft with splines on the output shaft instead of a keyway...

It looks keyed to me, although finding pics is like hunting for buried treasure.

Ken

Reaction score
The jackshaft is one of those bolt to the engine kind, I don't think I can change the gearing. One of my upgrade plans is to add a regular jack-shaft. It's geared far to high for my backyard. I was really just looking into other options that wouldn't require building a jack-shaft.

Why not just change the sprockets on your jackshaft? I plan to use that "bolt-to-the-engine" type as well and I'll just gear it way up so 10-15 will be all it does. (for now) The secondary shaft on the jackshaft is probably 5/8" and there are plenty of sprockets from which to choose.

DaiSan76

Reaction score
Why not just change the sprockets on your jackshaft? I plan to use that "bolt-to-the-engine" type as well and I'll just gear it way up so 10-15 will be all it does. (for now) The secondary shaft on the jackshaft is probably 5/8" and there are plenty of sprockets from which to choose.

I have not seen a sprocket combo that would work on the driven side of this, I may see if I can get a smaller tooth centrifugal clutch, but I just haven't had any luck sourcing this kind of stuff.

DaiSan76

Reaction score
I am planning to order a 60 tooth sprocket for the axle to replace the 45 tooth that is on there now, but I have a question that I need answered before I order.

When I take off, the cart shudders. It doesn't do this once I am going, only during initial takeoff. Is this a sign that my centrifugal clutch is going out, and I need to buy a new one?

The tires that were on the cart were about 12 inches, and the new ones are 15 inch. I don't know what the original gearing was, but I am guessing that it is geared far to high right now. I don't know how many teeth are on my clutch, but I am looking at a 10 tooth, which is as small as I've seen. Hoping that going up 15 teeth on the axle will cure my gearing.

DaiSan76

Reaction score
Where do you purchase clutch parts? I am ordering a new clutch because I want a lower tooth count for this cart, but I am going to be rebuilding an old mini bike this winter, so I will want to rebuild this clutch for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.