1st race kart rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piddler

Reaction score
QSo this is one of the 2 karts I picked up. The other is a margay bandito, this one I have absolutely no clue , but it's fine. I'm going to be putting this one together for my son who is 6. Going to do something mild for the engine and upgrade him as he progresses. The only kart he's diven at this point is a kiddie kart at a nascar speedpark. And you can speedwalk faster than those. Moving on , I stripped the frame down which took all of 30 minutes being that it had very minimal parts attached . I've started by popping the bearings out the spindles and front hubs to buy replacements. I then cut that mess of a seat mount off with a sawzall. Who had these karts was a real hack! This looked like something off a work bench chair . I still need to grind the rest of it from the frame.i skipped around looking for rust and cleaned it up with a grinder with a stripper wheel. Got a little carried away. But this project has got me pumped and I'm enjoying the **** out of it. Here's a few pics of what I'm starting with. I thought it was pretty cool that the spindles had eccentrics to adjust camber for how old I think this kart is. 20190704_150141.jpg

20190711_212821.jpg

20190709_221311.jpg

20190709_221333.jpg

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
So you're getting your son into racing. That's pretty cool especially since he's showing the aptitude and interest for it already (and what boy wouldn't?). I think the popularity of Pixar/Disney Cars is to blame, I mean a good influencer. :D

Those spindles are very neat indeed.

And my pics are sideways again....ugh

Doesn't matter which way YOU want the pics, the forum default is landscape...but people persist in taking portrait photos. Now if I take a pic in portrait orientation and my photo editor puts it in landscape, I can rotate it and save it and then the forum has no issue with it and it displays properly ...but I'm using a PC.

Piddler

Reaction score
Won't be legit racing. There's nothing going on in east tn. Probably gonna be taking him to ride in a parking lot with cones like an auto x course. Once I get both karts done I'm gonna build a stacker trailer!

Status
Not open for further replies.