1st E-kart, looking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badot

Reaction score
I agree with others in saying that the kart looks very nice and I feel it would be perfectly suitable as is, with a regearing at most. Mufflers can be made fairly easily.

Are you concerned about the safety of gasoline vs electric?

More importantly than anything else: Helmet, supervision, and responsibility on the kid's part. If a kart is treated with the respect that any 100+ lbs worth of steel that gets you moving faster than you can run deserves, the engine shouldn't matter for general safety.

redsox985

Reaction score
Firstly, B man, let's just help him achieve what he wants.

I would keep the motor and clutch and store it as a upgrade for when your kid is older if you can. I see one problem, and it will be very hard to turn for him, you are almost better off buying another cart of make a small light frame that is his size so he can have fun on it. Then you can drive the big cart. Its a win-win if you got the money.

Secondly, that's about as basic of a frame as you can get. I don't see how weight could be removed or a dramatically lighter yard kart could be built without compromising safety.

knievel

Reaction score
I appreciate all the replies.

As I said it is mostly a noise issue, I'm trying to keep the neighbors on my good side. I should really not be driving either type of kart out on the street so I want to stick with electric.
So it's gas in my small backyard or electric all around our crescent.

I would like to keep the engine and TC because they are in nice shape but I really don't see when I will ever use them.

Back to my initial questions I'm now thinking this motor running on 4 12volt batteries?

http://tncscooters.com/product.php?sku=106165

And I still don't know how to go from the #25 motor sprocket (or T8F in this case)to the #35 sprocket that is presently on the kart. I don't see any #25 axle sprockets on the scooter parts sites.

Badot

Reaction score
As far as sprockets go, check mcmaster.com -- type in sprockets in the top left search bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.