1990 jet n cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelsurfs

Jet n Spray 22hp 4stroke
Reaction score
In the process of installing a 22hp Predator 670cc into my 11' jetboat. I concluded using a torque converter setup would be better than a tensioner as i had intended. I'm enjoying seeing the mods and repairs you guys have done using torque converters. Thank you for inspiring me to use one. I was going for double the motor rpm at the impeller . I do go slower in the ocean due to chop and swell so low speed better torque will work. I'm using a series 40 and will try attaching the driven pulley to impeller shaft and bypass using a chain. I'll keep you posted if any one is interested. I wanted a low maintenance 4 stroke and don't go over 25 or 30 anyway so more hp is not real necessary. I have a 650 and a 700 waverunners so if i need speed I'll use one of them.

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
I think this is a first. You did say boat right? Most of us are land lubbers around here. Well except for supermantorious, he likes to get drug across puddles.

Welcome to the forum.

Please post pics as I'm sure we all want to this this contraption of yours.

Ebrownie

Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like a cool project, but I have one question. I have a couple stand up jet skis, and we used to have a jet boat with an Oldsmobile 454 :)D), and they are all direct drive. When the engine is running, the impeller is going. Im just wondering why you don't use direct drive, or a manual clutch of some sort. It might work, but I'm not sure because I have never seen a jet with any sort of variable transmission. But anyway, hopefully it turns out good for you! I'd like to see some pics.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome, Michael, but you do realize this specific sub-forum is for our build-off contest? Do you plan to enter the contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.