1986 honda trx200sx wiring diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
does anyone know where to find the wiring diagram for this. its a 4 stroke with a 5 speed and reverse. i need to figure out the key switch cuz it was ripped out. it has four wires going to it.
please help

motor_head

expert garbage picker
Reaction score
i've had to mess with the key on my 86 fourtrax 250 and yours is probably the same,
the 2 thicker wires turn on all the electrics when connected and the 2 thinner ones kill the motor when connected, if you get a new key for it it will have a a couple of plugs that connect down under platics

Reaction score
i've had to mess with the key on my 86 fourtrax 250 and yours is probably the same,
the 2 thicker wires turn on all the electrics when connected and the 2 thinner ones kill the motor when connected, if you get a new key for it it will have a a couple of plugs that connect down under platics

do you remember wat colors the thicker ones were just to make sure

motor_head

expert garbage picker
Reaction score
can't remember what color they were but one set of wires was definitely thicker than the other, i'll look tomorrow and tell you the colors of all the wires

edit i went out and looked the bigger set of wires are red and black, and the smaller set is green and black. you can easily tell what 2 wires go in each set

motor_head

expert garbage picker
Reaction score
my fourwheeler is still a fourwheeler. haven't really wanted to mod it, it worked pretty good in my pasture with the hills and everything, and if it were more like a kart i wouldn't be able to get everywhere. it's a great fourwheeler, goes pretty well for a 250 and it's just about bullet proof

motor_head

expert garbage picker
Reaction score
no manual clutch, i think it has some sort of cent clutch but you still have gears to shift through, you just let off the gas then shift

Status
Not open for further replies.