1978 Suzuki Dirtbike

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Reaction score
Been looking at getting a dirtbike for a while now and i found this

http://providence.craigslist.org/mcy/2929668580.html

Is it a good deal? i like it because its complete and looks like it should be an easy fix. Also cause its a 2 stroke 185 which i heard was powerful. I sent the guy a few emails but lemme know what you guys think? is it a good deal, or will i end up pulling my hair out with this one.

Thanks

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
make sure you can get parts.

i got a rare kawasaki 3 wheeler and it now needs a new top end, but they dont exist....

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
I would get that, I really do like the look of the 70's motorcycles. I have read some good stuff about the Suzuki 185 engines, I bet you can get it running soon as long as there are not any huge problems. Do you have experience riding a dirt bike? If not be careful on a 185, starting smaller and working your way up is best, although I understand it may be all you can get. Plus a 34yr old dirt bike probably isn't as peppy as a modern one.

Not that it is a huge bike, but if the option was available, then becoming familiar with the controls on a smaller bike first wouldn't be a bad idea.

EDIT: looks kinda like the 72' Yamaha R5c I have been drooling over lately... someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.