1958 track rabbit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazykart

Crazy member
Reaction score
Guy wants 125 or best, figure I could get.it for around 75, but it does look beat to he double hockey sticks.

Im doubting its super rare.

Idk if hes even right on the year or anything, says its a 1958 "track rabbit" no engine, what you see kinda thing.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 00n0n_1oAPZR8jbI0_600x450.jpg
    00n0n_1oAPZR8jbI0_600x450.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 52

crazykart

Crazy member
Reaction score
I did, and the only thing.I can find is 1959-1960 TR's. Looks similiar, and obviously this is missing the body work, etc.

Looks like I wiuld be fabbing a body, which suckss for a resto, or searching for a decent one that wont break the bank.

Idk if its worth it tbh, I might get 300 out of it when done around here

Joel G.

Reaction score
Track Rabbit 58"

Guy wants 125 or best, figure I could get.it for around 75, but it does look beat to he double hockey sticks.

Im doubting its super rare.

Idk if hes even right on the year or anything, says its a 1958 "track rabbit" no engine, what you see kinda thing.

Thoughts?

I bought that rabbit and in the process of a rebuilt. I just do not know how the throttle pedal was set up. What a find from what little material I found they were built in Sebring,Ohio and were used only in Ohio for racing. What a find for that price.

crazykart

Crazy member
Reaction score
You drove all the way to flint, mi for that? Well more power to you then. Search the forums for track rabbit and you'll get some info.

I thought about it, but without the original body I just couldn't justify spending the cash.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait.. the Track Rabbit came with OR WITHOUT a body attached to it..
and, with a significant difference in price of course..

spending an additional $100 in 195something... wasn't always an option I guess

So

Attachments

• trackrabbit.JPG
    trackrabbit.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 14

crazykart

Crazy member
Reaction score
Ah, well that would have been nice to know lol. The only pics and info I came up with was showing it with a (rather neat) body.

I might have snagged it up then, hm.

Either way, good luck with it, and I hope you make it look awesome.

Joel G.

Reaction score
Track Rabbit 58"

I have been looking for awhile for a go kart on ebay and craigs list and the prices they are asking for a vintage kart body and frame itself is 200. dollars + in worse condition not to say the price for a full intact kart. To me it is worth 125.dollars and when I am done with the rebuild,I am going to have alot of fun riding and my son too.

shoe81

Reaction score
59 Track Rabbit.jpgCrazy Kart,

Check out my Track Rabbit on the Introduction page. I raced them when I was 8 years old.

crazykart

Crazy member
Reaction score
They're beautiful karts that's for sure. What got me first interested was when I looked them up and saw the body and everything (didn't know they came with or without).

If it would have had the body I would have scooped it up at the time. What was getting me was the only info I could find was for 1959 and 1960 models, nothing about a 1958.

shoe81

Reaction score
1959 Track Rabbit

I looked for several years for one. I finally found mine in poor shape. I know of only one other than mine with a full body and it is in poor condition and not for sale. I am thinking it might be possible to make molds if there is enough interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.