1955 or '56 Ford F100

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermanotorious

Winchmaster 5000
Reaction score
Does anyone have one they want to get rid of or sell me? I have been wanting one for at least the last decade. I want one as the vampire craves blood. I do not have a ton of cash for it so I imagine it will be pretty rough but I sense it will be a labor of love, let me know if you, a neighbor, or a stranger is looking to part with one.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
That would be lovely, wouldn't it? My dad and I (he's 56) have been casually looking for a project truck for the last few years, and those Fords are on our hit list.

anderkart

Reaction score
Hey there superman,
I did some searching on the Phoenix craigslist for you. I didnt find any lower-cost bargains, but I found your wanted ad. Posting that ad was a really good Idea :thumbsup:

The 56 is the only year of this body style that has the wrap around windshield, but the 53, 54 and 55 all basically look the same, (except for a flat windshield, slightly different grills and different fuel tank filler-neck locations). So I was just thinking If you'd consider buying a 55, you might as well be searching for a good deal on a 53 & 54 too...

I've also seen some F100's that have the exact same body-style as a 56, but Ford sold/registered them as a 1957 model-year... (kinda weird) I guess Ford was just using up all their 56 bodies before changing over to the newer/more-square body style most 57' F100's had.

I live in Phoenix and have a 56 F100. I'll try to help you find one to fix up.

Here's a pic of my 56:
(but sorry, its not for sale :D

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
I came really close to landing a '53 GMC this past summer. I was quite disappointed when I saw how bad certain critical points were. I had to take a pass on it, and wanted to cry.

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
My dads got some 50s Dodge pickups. Them older trucks are pretty cool...

even if it is a ford or chivy!
:roflol:

anderkart

Reaction score
I came really close to landing a '53 GMC this past summer. I was quite disappointed when I saw how bad certain critical points were. I had to take a pass on it, and wanted to cry.

Yeah some of those old chevys/GMC's are pretty cool too, I spent a couple years driving a 1950-chevy back around 77. It was a 1-ton some company had shortened/modded into a tractor/trailer-type tow vehicle. It was a dualy and had 18" split rims, it was just long enough for a 4" x 4" square bed with very short sides, the bed just large enough to hold its spare tire. It had a 55 GMC 6-cylinder engine/4-speed with like super tall gears, that thing red-lined at like 50mph but was awesome at towing huge/heavy trailers.

My dads got some 50s Dodge pickups. Them older trucks are pretty cool...

even if it is a ford or chivy!

Yeah I got a couple buddy's that are 'all into' mopars too. I had a 70/340 Cuda for awhile and my wife's first car was a 67 Barracuda. I dig mopars, Fords and Chevys, they all made some super cool models, and some real pieces of crap over the years... ;)

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Yeah I got a couple buddy's that are 'all into' mopars too. I had a 70/340 Cuda for awhile and my wife's first car was a 67 Barracuda. I dig mopars, Fords and Chevys, they all made some super cool models, and some real pieces of crap over the years... ;)

Its true... some more than others Im sure! :D

But seriously, these old vehicles are all cool. Its a shame to see them rusting out in a field or whatever.

anderkart

Reaction score
Its true... some more than others Im sure! :D

Lol, If you woulda seen all the totally bizarre electrical/wiring problems (caused from piss-poor designs) I've had to repair on mopars over the years, you wouldnt be so proud of Chrysler products.

Those first K-cars with the 2.2 litre, VW-engines weren't necessarily one of Mopars finest moments either... ;)

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
A pic of the '53 I was looking to restore... And, Anderkart- that sounded like an uber-cool ride... Got a pic?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 10

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Lol, If you woulda seen all the totally bizarre electrical/wiring problems (caused from piss-poor designs) I've had to repair on mopars over the years, you wouldnt be so proud of Chrysler products.

Those first K-cars with the 2.2 litre, VW-engines weren't necessarily one of Mopars finest moments either... ;)

Nahhhh... Im stubborn like that!

supermanotorious

Winchmaster 5000
Reaction score
this might be it! I'll know better by tomorrow and for sure on Friday

Attachments

• BE9BDB1D-7657-421F-BD1E-73A05EB55B2A-1308-00000091DCB02A9A.jpg
    BE9BDB1D-7657-421F-BD1E-73A05EB55B2A-1308-00000091DCB02A9A.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:

FatCat

2 stroke Addict!
Reaction score
O geeze, I had completely forgotten about that. Did it ever get resolved?

How could you forget about that!?!? That was one of the best laughs ive gotten since i joined. Well it's between that and IDing the Pecan. LMFAO

Status
Not open for further replies.