10HP UD186 418cc Diesel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrecht

Jup, picture = me
Reaction score
People like giving me stuff.. This time around its a air cooled 10Hp Diesel engine that starts on first pull after being shelved for 4 years.
No jokes... still the original 4 year old diesel in the tank as well!!

Any suggestions on viable applications for such a lump of metal?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

MTNSleder

😈 Snake ƘƖԼԼЄ&
Reaction score
Cool... I once put diesel in a gas engine and it ran.
Make that engine so that when you step hard on the gas you can leave a nice big cloud of black smoke :D TURBO that little sucker.

tinamcjittles

ello m8
Reaction score
My dad made a drift trike with one that rolls coal... Maybe make an overweight go kart around it?
Doesn't seem too useful at 8 amps so I'd make a vehicle lolol

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
I'm going to vote for a turbo diesel kart. I bet you could gear it right and get some good speed.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Oil Burner kart for sure. Turbo or leave it naturally aspirated it doesn't matter. 10hp diesels are usually the replacement for 20hp gas engines.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Trax III should be a good one. It's one that I wouldn't mind doing myself. Only thing would be, could you live without suspension? If you're not planning on bombing through ditches or ATV trails, the knobby balloon tires in the rear should suffice. Though the Taipan https://theedgeproducts.com/collections/the-taipan Might be a bit better. Just my thoughts.

andrecht

Jup, picture = me
Reaction score
Trax III should be a good one. It's one that I wouldn't mind doing myself. Only thing would be, could you live without suspension? If you're not planning on bombing through ditches or ATV trails, the knobby balloon tires in the rear should suffice. Though the Taipan https://theedgeproducts.com/collections/the-taipan Might be a bit better. Just my thoughts.
The simpler the better.
Ive now built a self designed kart, a full suspension buggy, a monster bike and attempted to build a proper long travel buggy.... but the only memories I have from all the projects is spending hours fiddling and fixing.

I was hoping to buy a set of Velosiraptor plans from Badland buggys, http://badlandbuggy.com/product/velociraptor-buggy-plans/ but nobody's responding to my mails.
Their design is very simple.... rollcage , 4 wheels, seat and an engine...
Simple!
No fiddling... no suspension to break... no linkages....
Build a pair of them....

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Well upside to being a light weight is

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

You can easily move it if you get hung up. Lol sorry was sending a text and writing this at the same time.

anickode

Reaction score
If it's on a genset, it could be governed to 1800, spinning a 4 pole head. A lot of more expensive units and marine units are like that for the increased longevity and reduced noise levels. Might explain why the engine is so grossly oversized for the 2kw rating.

andrecht

Jup, picture = me
Reaction score
And??????....

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

And??????....

Would I be able to use a Torque converter on it??

Status
Not open for further replies.