Everyone has been more than helpful with suggestions. I have finished the cosmetic restoration of the cart and temporarily used set screws. The clutch is sitting about 1/4" from being fully set. I intend to move the sprocket over more when time allows. At this point my son is just practicing...
I tried the set screw initially hence why I am here. Lol. They did not hold the clutch in place. I think spacers would work well too.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I figured a larger sprocket was in order with a slight limit on the top end of the rpms. What rpm fully engages the clutch??
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am going to shim the drive clutch over as much as I can on the short bolts that are present. That should leave only a 1/4" gap on the PTO shaft.
Yes. The kart was some version of blue but we are reprinting it a metallic blue. Final coats coming tomorrow.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ond. That would work as well but how do I move the brake shoe as it is attached to the sprocket?? If moved onward the brake show would barely be contacting the surface
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think my best solution is going to be moving the engine mounts. Will do that this weekend. Thoughts on part 2 of my question as far as gearing down
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello. I am new to this world and picked up a kart for $75 from craigslist. It has a solid rear axle and was in overall decent shape. All I have added is an engine and it runs well.
I bought a predator 212 and it mounts nicely onto the exiting mount.
My question is two fold.
1. My clutch...