I think I will just try a new clutch for now. I would like to make a decision quickly so I can get it back on the road for my kids. Do you guys have a brand preference for clutches? Thanks guys.
Sorry for the delay. Busy weekend.
So you guys are now recommending a new clutch vs a TC? We will be doing a lot of stop and go because it's small kids. I didn't want to burn through clutches.
What clutch brand do you guys recommend?
Thanks!
Okay, I'm at work so I don't have any pics with me. However, the sprocket isn't attached close to the wheel. It has a jackshaft. The engine sits in the center, therefore, all of the sprockets are in the center of the kart. Maybe this helps until I get the pics posted.
so is it not the case that it's simply a bolt on procedure? I was expecting to just remove the clutch and install the Comet TAV2 system.
Landuse, what's the lemon juice trick for the carb?
Thanks
We disassembled it and cleaned with carb cleaner and sea foam. We used bread ties to poke all the holes.
Air leak? Where would I look for this?
I was surprised that I had to do anything to it really besides just clean the carb and change the fluids. It is a new kart.
The paperwork...
They are almost 5!! My old neighbor had purchased it for his girls and it just sat in the garage. They rode it 2x! I paid $450 for it. The bad part is it set w gas for like 3 years. We had to clean the carb, change the fluids and spark plug. It still won't idle. I may have to replace the carb...
I'm new to karts. Just purchased a really nice used Manco Dominator w a Subaru 5hp for my twin boys. I think it needs a new clutch. Is it worth it to change to a TC? Thanks for the help.