Recent content by Mekanickel

  1. M

    Harbour freight predator on sale?

    Thanks all! Just to confirm, it's 60363 that I want? The Hemi? And are we talking Hemi as in hemispherical combustion chamber, fashioned after the big daddy of big blocks the 426ci forever king of Nascar? Like that Hemi??!!!
  2. M

    Harbour freight predator on sale?

    I was on the Harbor Freight website last night and saw the Predator 212 (#69730) on sale for 119.99 with a coupon code for an additional $20 off. I went back to the website today and can't find the coupon code. Can anybody tell me if this is still on sale or does anyone have the code? Also can...
  3. M

    Tecumseh OHH60 linkage and governor

    Thanks for your help everyone, Governor linkage is all removed and she's running like a charm. Haven't road tested it yet, it'll have to be tomorrow. Just a couple of tips for anyone else who attempt this. After I put everything back together I turned the engine over and had no compression...
  4. M

    wont start after govenor removed

    Thanks everyone, I just had the exact same issue after removing the governor off my Tecumseh. I took the valve cover off and sure enough one of the Rockers was sideways and the push rod wasn't even touching it. Did the trick and fired up like a charm. Just a note to everyone else who does this...
  5. M

    Tecumseh OHH60 linkage and governor

    No worries, I appreciate all the advice. The rod I was speaking of wasn't actually attached to the cam just near that cam. It's the rod that attaches to the external Governor linkage.
  6. M

    Tecumseh OHH60 linkage and governor

    I did read that article but that engine seems to have different internals than mine.
  7. M

    Tecumseh OHH60 linkage and governor

    Okay, I'm getting there. I've got the cover off and see this plastic gear in the attached picture number 1. The gear was already missing three teeth which I found in the bottom of the crankcase. Is it just the plastic gear that I need to remove or the shaft that it sits on as well? There is also...
  8. M

    Tecumseh OHH60 linkage and governor

    Wow, that's a lot of reading! Great articles though. I can hear a noise inside the crankcase when I move the linkage for the governor back and forth so I'm assuming the internals are still there. Going to tear into it tomorrow and I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks
  9. M

    Tecumseh OHH60 linkage and governor

    Hi all, working on this engine I just acquired with a dingo kart. I got it running but fuel was draining out of the carb when I shut it off. I bought some new orings, seat, needle, gasket for the carb today so that should fix that problem. It actually ran really well despite the cracked and...
  10. M

    New to karting

    Hi all. I have never owned a kart but just picked up a pile of parts that hopefully will be 2 running carts shortly! One has a Tecumseh OHH60 and the other has a Briggs 5hp. I managed to get the tecumseh running but the Briggs is all in pieces. I'm going to put the Tecumseh back in the...
Top