Recent content by ktm450exc

  1. K

    Cheap welder, but best welder for price?

    Get the Hobart Handler mig 140, cheap auto darkening helmet and gloves. I've got all three..
  2. K

    Brake debate

    Anyone have a suggestion for which brake setup to go with for my sons yard kart?? I have no experience with either http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/AZ2552.html http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200323386_200323386
  3. K

    good $price$ for tubing?

    A little more info on the Lotus 7. Is the frame mainly 1'x 1" rec. tube?? What are you guys using to weld it up ??(mig, tig) Always thought the Super 7's were cool
  4. K

    how can i get theblade off

    get a torch and apply heat to the nut, a good socket.. or if you have an impact gun that will do it too
  5. K

    Axle ends

    Thank you. The exact information I needed.. I think I'll go with the threaded/tapered/less exspensive set up, then if he really gets into it and I feel the need I can always upgrade..
  6. K

    Axle ends

    I'm building my son a yard kart that will have a 1" live axle and I need to have some advice on which axle ends to go with? They have the 1" end then the threaded and tapered long and short. Which one is generally used?? Does one offer more options for rims or hubs?? thanks Check the link it...
  7. K

    Axle ends

    this will be a yard/play kart with a live axle setup, the axles are the ones from Northern Tool (or other places), 36" solid steel with step down to 3/4" with threaded ends http://www.gokartnminibikeparts.com/solid_steel_axles.htm similar to these, hope the link works ...Didn't think the non...
  8. K

    Axle ends

    I'm building my son a kart from plans I got on the internet and one question I have is on the rear axle ends, the two options are short and long threaded. Is there one that is prefered or will offer better options for rims etc.? thanks great site!
Top